Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Oase Biomaster canister

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Anyone using this filter? Can share your experience please? Or heard gossips about it from LFS also share!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Lithuania

Re: Oase Biomaster canister

Hi. I’m running Biomaster Thermo 350 model on my 60x60x40cm for a week now. Previously I cycled it on my old 60x30x35
    Good filter. Nice plastic quality, built by people who know their business. The pre-filter is an awesome feature. On my old tank it ran since mid of December. I only cleaned the internal media once after I got my aquarium really cloudy.
    Was considering an Eheim 2274 model before, until my local shop showed the Oase, let me touch it, brake it down to single part etc and now that shop has only Oase external filters in their stock.

To sum up - highly recommend Oase.

If you have some particular questions, drop msg here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Country
    Lithuania

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverUpgrading View Post
    Anyone using this filter? Can share your experience please? Or heard gossips about it from LFS also share!
    Hi. I’m running Biomaster Thermo 350 model on my 60x60x40cm for a week now. Previously I cycled it on my old 60x30x35
    Good filter. Nice plastic quality, built by people who know their business. The pre-filter is an awesome feature. On my old tank it ran since mid of December. I only cleaned the internal media once after I got my aquarium really cloudy.
    Was considering an Eheim 2274 model before, until my local shop showed the Oase, let me touch it, brake it down to single part etc and now that shop has only Oase external filters in their stock.

To sum up - highly recommend Oase.

If you have some particular questions, drop msg here

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

This is EXACTLY what I was hoping to hear. That the prefilter makes cleaning much easier.

Do you find that the prefilter reduces the flow rate a lot? Seeing some people say that the prefilter foam is too fine.

I'm planning to connect the Biomaster 600 output to a chiller so can't afford to slow down the flowrate too much.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Lithuania

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverUpgrading View Post
    This is EXACTLY what I was hoping to hear. That the prefilter makes cleaning much easier.

Do you find that the prefilter reduces the flow rate a lot? Seeing some people say that the prefilter foam is too fine.

I'm planning to connect the Biomaster 600 output to a chiller so can't afford to slow down the flowrate too much.
    Sorry for the double post. Tapatalk is not performing as expected.

You can buy different density pre-filter foams online if you should see the default ones do not work in your case.

Mine is hooked up with external CO2 reactor - did not notice flow changes

And yes - the pre-filter makes it aaaaa lot easier with the filter maintenance. You take it out carefully, bring it to the bucket and wash. Put it back and start the filter again
    The default foam is 45ppi, while there are 30ppi and 60ppi available to buy.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Nice. So glad to hear positive review from someone who has used it for a few months.

By any chance, have you used Eheim or some other brand canister before this Oase? Quick comparison?

Thanks so much for sharing your experiences.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Lithuania

Nope. Did not have a canister before. But I trusted my local shop which is owned by veterans in this field - they have tried all sorts of canisters over the years. Their personal opinion was “I would buy this for myself if I had to choose Eheim vs Oase”. Plus did some digging on the web as well
    I also was convinced by the fact that Oase is a well known and established brand for pond solutions from Germany

In my personal list I only had Eheim, Fluval and Oase. Final two were Eheim vs Oase

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Thanks a lot for sharing!