Feedback Score
    Country
    United States

Unhappy is he sick??

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi, so I am a new betta owner and over the past 8 months I've had my wonderful fish I've noticed that he's been getting skinnier and skinnier. I feed him 3-5 pellets a day, sometimes with bloodworms as a snack. Last week I've gotten worried about his weight so I doubled the amount to twice a day. He's still not gaining anything, so after talking to some friends they speculated he could have worms. I'm extremely worried about him and how to handle this. For the record he is in a 2 gal (which I know is bad, he will be in a 10 gal soon) that is filtered and heated.

His symptoms are as follows: skinniness with a hard time gaining weight, sometimes seems to be off balance, very pale/translucent. He has lost all color and is practically see-through. He still eats like a pig and is very active and curious which is why I've been confused. I also never see him poo so I can't tell you what they look like.

Do you guys think it could be worms?? Or am I reading too much into this? I know it's only been a week since I've doubled his amount but still I did get him some prazipro which will come in tomorrow, should I give him a bath or right into the tank? And can the worms survive in his tank without a host and potentially reinfect him?? I know some people talked about cleaning up worms from the substrate but I don't have a siphon and am not confident in my ability to clean it without completely relocating him and doing a 100% water change. Please help I really do love and care for my spunky little boy
    BEFORE:

AFTER:

Attached Images Attached Images