1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Amateur Iwagumi

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    What's the light power level on the Chihiros?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by torque6 View Post
    What's the light power level on the Chihiros?
    Hi torque6..i switch on to the max..all the time..i think its level 7..

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Nice tank and scape.... Clean and neat!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Goalkeeper View Post
    Nice tank and scape.... Clean and neat!
    Thanks Goalkeeper..actually i tot of adding 1 more species of plant either stem plant behind or low growing plants around the main stone..any suggestion?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by syahan View Post
    Hi torque6..i switch on to the max..all the time..i think its level 7..

Should be fine, the height of the LED is quite high.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Yah..at first i tried with lower height during the DSM period but i notice the heat coming from the LED was too abit too much..so ive adjust it to the current height..
    Should be fine, the height of the LED is quite high.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

I used to use the height extenders but found them too flimsy when I used full power. They also run hot, so I used back the acrylic stands. I am on level 3 and the height of the fish tank is around 50cm depth, but I have another older version Chihiros LED at power level 1. So 2 sets for better spread. Chihiros A series are really good LEDs, not sure why people favor Twinstar and ADA Aquasky.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Yah the height extender is really flimsy..too bad this series dosent comes with the acrylic stand..so got no choice got to just adjust the height..actually i tot of getting the hanging kit..or DIY the hanging kit..or switch to twinstar the hanging ones..but so far the chihiros works well..plants happy fishes happy iam happy...hahahah mayb if got bujet then il switch to twinstar with hanging kit.
    I used to use the height extenders but found them too flimsy when I used full power. They also run hot, so I used back the acrylic stands. I am on level 3 and the height of the fish tank is around 50cm depth, but I have another older version Chihiros LED at power level 1. So 2 sets for better spread. Chihiros A series are really good LEDs, not sure why people favor Twinstar and ADA Aquasky.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Torque6, are they full spectrum LEDs? I used both and while chihiros is indeed good it seems to me Twinstar is better for the red plants?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

This full spectrum thingy has been debated since I don't know when. Some people favor red lights is better for plants some say no difference as plants can utilize all spectrum of lights. I am not scientist so I don't really know and care. I just need a light which can support good plant growth with lower power, adjustable with dimmer, can use with height extender or acrylic stand and finally runs at no heat for both LED and power adapter. So the Chihiros fits the bill perfectly. Twinstar is just a high light. And any high light is suitable for red plants, not just Twinstar. ADA aquasky is not full spectrum LED but it can also bring out super red in plants. There was a time I wanted to move to Twinstar, but heard from many users that the power supply runs super hot and the heat from the LED doesn't disperse well as there is no aluminium fins. So that indirectly heats up the water.

Unless of course Lawrence or Ryan brings in the Twinstar E & S series dimmer, then maybe will switch.

It feels as if Twinstar heavily photoshop their Facebook demo tanks and product images to entice users to buy them. Because those tanks at EOA look nothing like those on Facebook in terms of coloration.
    Last edited by torque6; 25th Jun 2018 at 18:28.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Hi guys any one using the intense inline co2 diffuser..? Any review..? Tot of trying one..

Feedback Score
    Country
    Malaysia

I used it before but it started leaking at the connectors. I find it difficult to clean as it clogs up frequently.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Aha..ok thanks bro..my worry is the maintance part..cos the ceramic diffuser is inside...but hows the bubble coming out compare to the normal glass diffuser..
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerlim View Post
    I used it before but it started leaking at the connectors. I find it difficult to clean as it clogs up frequently.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Vietnam

With inline diffuser, CO2 would get better mixing before coming out to the outflow, and It would reach to plants better then normal diffuser.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Country
    Malaysia

Aha..ok thanks bro..my worry is the maintance part..cos the ceramic diffuser is inside...but hows the bubble coming out compare to the normal glass diffuser..

Maintenance quite headache if you compare it to ceramic disc. My tank looks smokey and the outlet is like those car exhaust when CO2 is on.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Maintenance quite headache if you compare it to ceramic disc. My tank looks smokey and the outlet is like those car exhaust when CO2 is on.
    Ok icic..still thinking weather to get one..coz currently my glass difusser getting clog and dirty..planing to get a spare glass diffuser or change to the inline diffuser..

Feedback Score
    Country
    Malaysia

Ok icic..still thinking weather to get one..coz currently my glass difusser getting clog and dirty..planing to get a spare glass diffuser or change to the inline diffuser..

I use this now. It is good.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by jackychun View Post
    With inline diffuser, CO2 would get better mixing before coming out to the outflow, and It would reach to plants better then normal diffuser.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Noted bro..looking to try thos inline diffuser..just worry bout the maintance part..and how the tank look like when co2 is running with the inline diffuser..

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Nice bro..tis one nice and cute..small and less space consuming..where u get this..
    I use this now. It is good.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Malaysia

I got mine from east ocean fish shop at Tiong Bahru.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast