Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Amateur Iwagumi

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Started my interest in Aquatic Planting since 2016. I continued my passion in 'Iwagumi' after doing readings and research about it.

Reading the posts posted in this forum helped to gain more understanding on Planted Tanks which will definitely assist me in my 'Iwagumi' set up.

Just like eveybody else here, I will be sharing about my 'Iwagumi' Set Up. I will be happy to here your advices and sharing.

Items/Materials:
    1) ANS Crystal Tank - 60x30x36cm
    2) Chihiros LED Lighting - E601S
    3) ADA Aqua Soil - 9 Litre
    4) ADA Power Sand Special - Size S
    5) Plant: 1-2 Grow! Eleocharis 'Mini'

Currently going with DSM. Planning to continue with DSM for 6 weeks.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Country
    Vietnam

Re: Amateur Iwagumi

Very neat start, bro!

In my opinion, if the main rock being moved to the right a bit, it would look better. And the formation of rock also move to the right to create some balance.

Hope the DSM is going well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Country
    Vietnam

Very neat start, bro!

In my opinion, if the main rock being moved to the right a bit, it would look better. And the formation of rock also move to the right to create some balance.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by jackychun View Post
    Very neat start, bro!

Thanks bro..trying to keep it neat and do it proper from the start...thanks for the suggestions bro...but abit too late cos the hairgrass all planted..wah really took me long time to saparate the hairgrass to smaller clumps n planting...took a few hr to finish it..but enjoy every moment of it...

Just a quistion...do i need to cover the tank fully or fully but with holes or no need to cover..cos the tank look humid and with the heat from the light n the room temp will trap the hot air in..more like sauna for the hairgrass..keeping the light on for 8-10 hr

Feedback Score
    Country
    Vietnam

Ya, I bet the planting process is very challenging and also enjoyable! Haha!

Yes, you should cover the tank with cling-wrap to keep the moist environment and poke few small holes for ventilation. It is kind of greenhouse effect.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Ya, I bet the planting process is very challenging and also enjoyable! Haha!

Yes, you should cover the tank with cling-wrap to keep the moist environment and poke few small holes for ventilation. It is kind of greenhouse effect.

Yes yes..hahaha...yah i did cover the tank and make abit of opening at both end of the tank..but the tank become so fog up..and can feel the heat in the tank..not sure if tis is ok..tot of making a bigger opening for the heat in the tank to escape..

Feedback Score
    Country
    Vietnam

That is the good sign that the tank has enough moisture. Poking few holes on top for ventilation is fine. When you see the root start spreading around, then more holes can be poke gradually to introduce more ventilation and CO2 intake to the tank.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

That is the good sign that the tank has enough moisture. Poking few holes on top for ventilation is fine. When you see the root start spreading around, then more holes can be poke gradually to introduce more ventilation and CO2 intake to the tank.
    Aha..noted bro..is there any chance of molding or algae for DSM..my main concern are molding cos of the high humidty...as for algae not sure can get with DSM..

Feedback Score
    Country
    Vietnam

Molding, yes. It might appear during DSM. Just try to use clean water for fuming the tank if you can. But even it is there, not to worry much, algae eater can take care of them after you flood the tank. Algae is very minimal, if any, using this method.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Molding, yes. It might appear during DSM. Just try to use clean water for fuming the tank if you can. But even it is there, not to worry much, algae eater can take care of them after you flood the tank. Algae is very minimal, if any, using this method.
    Ok noted bro..thanks for the info n time to reply..appricate it..will post more updates pic weekly till flooding stage...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Hi guys!I It is week 1 of DSM.Some areas of browning and some new growth of plant seen. However, no moulds and fungus seen so far.

My Daily routine through out the week..
    - Lights on for 10-12hrs.

- Mist twice daily; morning and evening with de-chlorinated tap water using 'Seachem Prime'.

- Wiped the vapors seen on the glass of the tank on every evening.

- Lift up the Cling Wrap to air the tank at night until the next morning.

I look forward to the progress of my DSM in Week 2. Feel free to drop any suggestions or comments. Have a good week ahead everyone!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

I hope this post finds you well. It's week 2 of DSM. The hair grass are growing healthily as no mould seen. New runners from the existing clumps can be clearly seen. At the same time, new growth are 'popping out' of the substrate.

Same routine applied as in Week 1. May this consistency will result to new growth spreading. As process of DSM is going on smoothly till date, I am getting equipments for filling up the tank ready-Eg: Filter, Chiller and CO2.

You may drop your comments and suggestions. Meanwhile, have a good week ahead!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Malaysia

Is that a new chihiros model light set?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Yup ya right roger..chihiros E601S.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Yup your right roger..its chihiros E601S.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Malaysia

The light looks like it has too much blue in it, making the green looks wash out?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Isit..didnt really notice..hehehe..but still trying out this lights and will see how it perform when the tank is flooded..

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Hi guys been trying to post updates past few week but cant be done..think update on the website..
    Now its total of 7 weeks since setup.have cut down the DSM to 3 weeks instead of 8 weeks since ive got all my equipment ready.
    - chiller
    - eheim classic 350
    - CO2 2L tank with soloinod regulator
    - surface skimmer

Its 4 weeks since flooding...everyting look good,green and lush..no signs of algea.
    Added...
    12 neon tetra
    18 green neon tetra
    4 oto
    6 yamato shirmp

Temp keep at 25-26c

Ferts and additive..
    Seachem Excel
    Seachem Iron
    Seachem Flourish
    Seachem Notrogen
    Seachem Potassium
    Seachem Phosphorus
    Seachem Prime

Lighting and Co2 on timer for twice a day 4hr each.

Water change twice a week
    Wednesday 20%
    Sunday 50%

Hope the hairgrass can maintain its lushness and keep the colour without any algea issue..welcome for any suggestion thank..

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Very nice progress for your hairgrass. Great looking and lush. Noticed u change from eheim inlet and outlet to glass lily pipe.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Hi hann thanks..still learning n trying my luck.yah have changed to glass lily pipes..but dun really like it..the inlet have small opening for the water to flow in..and the outlet did not have much surface agitition..mayb cos i got the narrow outlet opening..unlike the eheim wide outlet opening tat cos more surface movement..might consider getting a wider opening for the inlet and wider outlet ones..
    Quote Originally Posted by hann View Post
    Very nice progress for your hairgrass. Great looking and lush. Noticed u change from eheim inlet and outlet to glass lily pipe.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast