Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Eheim 2215

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi guys, I have a spare 60cm by 23cm by 28cm tank Which I知 hoping to set it up as a crs tank. Planning to get a canister filter and chiller in the future. For canister filter I知 looking at eheim 2215 while for chiller I知 looking at AL 60 chiller. Was wondering if the filter would be suitable for this set up or would eheim 2213 be more suitable, and will the chiller be able to cool temp suitable for high grade crs? (ARD 24-25 degrees celcius)

Feedback Score
    Country
    Vietnam

Re: Eheim 2215

IMO, the tank volume is only about 38L, Eheim 2215 would be too strong. Even 2213 is considered quite strong, especially you are keeping shrimps. I think 2211 with flowrate of 300L/hrs should be adequate. Cheers!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Eheim 2215

Do get a 2215 if you consider to use a chiller.

Background:
    1) I am using Eheim 2217 with full load of media on my 30L 30cm cube tank heavy planted (just bos I have a spear 2217 in hand). Bottom to top: black rough sponge -> blue rough floss -> white fine floss -> Seachem Matrx (1 litre) -> Eheim substrate pro (1 kg) -> Biohome Plus (1 kg) -> white fine floss. But I put 2215 impeller in it. I guess since I have a lot of media the actual flow is similar to a 2213 on full speed. It still have quite strong current and I think for CRS it is pretty hash it the tank is too small.
    2) I am using same Eheim 2217 with 2217 impeller + Hailea 28A chiller for my 2ft fire shrimp tank. Even with bigger impeller, I still need to run on full speed to get water move around. the chiller is a bit noisy but working like a charm.

With that, Chiller is actually going to consume quite a lot power from your canister and make it weaker. If you do plan to use a chiller on slim 2ft. you should get 2215. otherwise, 2211/2213 will work better.

Addition: if you have small tank and only plan to keep shrimp without plant....sponge filter will work a lot better than a canister... you need to keep the tank in the air-coned room though.