Images
    Country
    Singapore

AQ is still alive!!!

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    AQ was down for the count since early this morning due to hardware failure on the host. We apologise for any inconvenience or withdrawal symptoms suffered during the downtime.
    Vincent - AQ is for everyone, but not for 'u' and 'mi'.
    Why use punctuation? See what a difference it makes:
    A woman, without her man, is nothing.
    A woman: without her, man is nothing.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Damn, in the heat of the moment, I was about to break my self-imposed “no chit-chat” moratorium at AQ and make a “HOT” post when this downtime had to happen?!!!
    I clicked and clicked and clicked, but AQ was no where to be found. Alas, I took a detour and went elsewhere and deposited my “heaty” post.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I am glad it is still alive man.

However, the number of post seems to be dropping. Hopes this is not the case.

Regards
    Robin
    i always fighting algae but still got more

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    That'll be up to the members to make an effort to share their views, be they good or bad

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    i know its way off topic but i think while a dropping post count seems so unfun, but i feel that its the right direction of sorts.

given the small population we have and that the forum is very established and specific, many questions have been asked and answered. most of the fora i have been to lately, i observe that activity is minimal, which of course excludes those extremely chit chatty posts which go on for 10 pages ++ and many many days

actually i am kind of glad that recently that there has been a spike of new tank setups being posted. i really like to look at new tank setups but there is only so many that can be produced by so many people.

aquarium technology i believe is pretty much derived from industrial technology so i don't think there will be more posts or the "equipment accessories" side. apart from the recent, very high tech postings by star-flog, it should more or less taper down, although aquarama might change things. this is not "hardwarezone"

So folks, inactivity doesn't mean the forum's dead, but rather people are saving up for their next tank. some people just take very very long.

regards

jiesheng

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by gregorsamsa
    i know its way off topic but i think while a dropping post count seems so unfun, but i feel that its the right direction of sorts.

given the small population we have and that the forum is very established and specific, many questions have been asked and answered. most of the fora i have been to lately, i observe that activity is minimal, which of course excludes those extremely chit chatty posts which go on for 10 pages ++ and many many days

We should celebrate, not lament “maturity.”

Now that the LuoHan craze is dead, I doubt Aquarama 2005 will enjoy as much buzz as Aquarama 2003. Whatever you may say about the fish, Aquarama 2003 owed its success to the LHs.

I don’t know about you fellas, I don’t feel any excitement at all about the coming event. Maybe the organizers should delay the event by several mths, so as to inject some suspense into it. It’s human nature that when you want to eat something and can’t eat it as yet, all the more it grows on you, and all the more you want to devour it. But unless some plague the scale of SARS come to the rescue, I’m inclined to think this year’s aquarama will be more of a flop. How to survive without the LHs?? Planted and marine alone NO ENOUGH, lah! There's some mystique about the fish after all!

The local aquatic scene, it seems, is waiting for a new fish that would take the nation by storm.