Images
    Country
    Singapore

Eheim filter head spare part question

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    The stopper on my filter head needs replacement and i would like to know what function does the hole (circled in Pic 1) serve and whether is it necessary to have it replaced? I was thinking not to have it changed and just leave the hole without the stopper cos it's hard to buy from shops since not many stock such parts and the quality seems quite crappy as well. By the way i've changed it before

Pic 1
    EHEIM SPARE PART - Copy.jpg

Pic 2
    20180624_144421.jpg
    Admiring my Fishes calm the Beast within me

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Eheim filter head spare part question

things are there for a reason... we might not know the real reason behind it.
    you can go to Qian Hu to get the spare part or go to Y618 or C328 to preorder the part.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Malaysia

The professional series do have several moving parts.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Went to clementi but they no stock. Qian Hu also no stock and not sure when the stock will arrive. Just for info..... recently when i turned off my filter before doing my water changes, water started gushing out from one of the filter's plastic "lock" which is located around the area where the hole is. After i shut off the valve and open the filter head to see what's wrong, i found that the plastic "lock" around the hole had difficulty closing. I eventually broke that particular lock after meddling with it. I think that stopper could be preventing the water from flowing out from that hole and creating pressure in that area and causing the plastic lock to weaken over time. By the way i didn't change that stopper for quite a number of months until this thing happened.

I check with my Atman filters and they all don't have that hole. Was wondering whether does the newer models of Eheim filters have that hole?
    Admiring my Fishes calm the Beast within me