Feedback Score
    Country
    Vietnam

Cool Tank Stand for ADA-45P

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I'm looking for a cheap but safe stand for my ADA-45P (45cmx27cmx30cm).
    I asked a few LFS and they all said this size requires custom-made cabinet which might cost ~ 200SGD (well over my budget).

Anyone got an idea of where to get a small/sturdy table ~50SGD that can hold the tank safely?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Tank Stand for ADA-45P

Quote Originally Posted by uglyduckling View Post
    I'm looking for a cheap but safe stand for my ADA-45P (45cmx27cmx30cm).
    I asked a few LFS and they all said this size requires custom-made cabinet which might cost ~ 200SGD (well over my budget).

Anyone got an idea of where to get a small/sturdy table ~50SGD that can hold the tank safely?
    Regardless, if you're already getting the ADA tank. You might as well get a custom made cabinet. You wouldn't want to get an inferior product that can't withstand the weight of the tank when it is fully filled. lol

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Agreed. Don't go cheap on the tank stand. You'd rather spend the $200 than spend an entire day cleaning up a flooded room, with glass shards, dead fish, soil and plants everywhere. Not to mention electrical hazard with the broken lights.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

And best yet. You really should be getting an aquarium mat. It will better protect your tank and the cabinet you would be using lol. You can use cheap soil, plants or whatever but you should never use inferior product for the foundation and infrastructure

Feedback Score
    Country
    Vietnam

Thanks for your advices, but I may not stay in SG so long to invest in an expensive piece of furniture
    I looked into IKEA and found these two benches that made of solid wood and can handle 100kg (which is more than enough):

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40241451/
    https://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/50223625/

I would give them a try. If anyone used IKEA product for aquarium stand before, please share your experience. Thank you!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Thanks for your advices, but I may not stay in SG so long to invest in an expensive piece of furniture
    I looked into IKEA and found these two benches that made of solid wood and can handle 100kg (which is more than enough):

I would give them a try. If anyone used IKEA product for aquarium stand before, please share your experience. Thank you!
    This is contradictory. If I am not staying in a country for long, I won't even bother starting this hobby, much less buy an ADA tank. Just saying.

I used Ikea furniture in my last home and those solid wood are hollow inside, so they warp over time. Might be worst if expose to water and humidity. Use at your own risk. My greatest nightmare is coming home one day, and seeing the tank collapse, with pieces of glass over the floor, water flood soaking my furnitures, tvs console, carpet, thick black soil over spilled with plants and fish sprawling all over the place and dead. Not to mentioned the damaged upon impact on the floor tiles & walls.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

I have the brown stand. trust me, you won't want to put an aquarium on top of that thing without further structural DIY fortification. Its rather sturdy construct, but the wood material feels light and might give up over time.

torque6 is right, if you are not gonna stay for long, don't even bother starting the tank.

A side note: I use a Scanteak cabinet/chess as an aquarium stand, those are really sturdy... lol...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Vietnam

Quote Originally Posted by ross.chang View Post
    torque6 is right, if you are not gonna stay for long, don't even bother starting the tank.
    This 45cm tank is with me for almost 4 years

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

This 45cm tank is with me for almost 4 years
    Oh, you are leaving soon? Then can decommission the tank, so no need to rush to sell off all equipment and stuff when it's time to return home.

In the meantime, just chill and pick up another hobby. Take care.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

People who is thinking of buying Ikea products need to know that their products use just enough materials to serve the function in which it was designed for. No more, no less..... Anything more is a waste and affects their profitability, Anything less means it'll affect the integrity of the product in which it was designed for. So in general, avoid using their products for anything other than for that specific purpose in which it was designed for. Of course there will be exceptions but in your case, if you're using the MOLGER than it's a definite No, but the HEMNES bench looks quite sturdy and you may be able to get away with it, however it's at your own risk.
    Admiring my Fishes calm the Beast within me

Feedback Score
    Country
    Vietnam

I have found a custom made solid wood side table on Carousell, very sturdy. It costs me only 40SGD. Here is the picture:
    CE78F4B9-F41C-4752-AE6D-73AF67255073.jpg79489236-C274-46E1-B39F-102944EE2328.jpg
    I’ll remove the plastic tips under the leg before using. Pretty sure that it can hold ~40kg aquarium nicely.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Looks sturdy enuf. remember to pad the legs with some stuff so you can glide it when u wanna move the tank lol...