Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Oase biomaster filter erefilters (30ppi)

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Oase biomaster filter erefilters (30ppi)

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi all,

had recently bought the above filter as my aquael unimax started leaking unexpectedly.

Hooked it up and didn't take long for me to realise that the flow rate seems lower than what it was advertised (1200L/H). This is probably due to the chiller and inline filter that runs hoses of different diameter. However, there seems to be no workaround for this issue (Unless I buy a new chiller which uses 16/22 hose).

Have read online to research more about this and realised there are prefilters of a lower ppi (rather than 45ppi, it is coarser at 30ppi).

Does anyone knows where I can get this in sg? Would hope to exhaust all means of purchasing it in Singapore before considering shipping it over.

Many thanks
    ZL

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Oase biomaster filter erefilters (30ppi)

I saw it on the eastocean website. I think you can also get it from where you bought the filter.

On a side note: how is the filter? Been thinking of getting it.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Okie, will check out the website for the coarser prefilters.

So far it’s being working silent, shan’t comment on the Low flow until I address the prefilters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Had nearly the same issue as you and changed the prefilter to 30ppi foam.

With a chiller (mine is 16/22) inline, my flowrate - AFTER changing to 30ppi - was still only about 500 l/h. This is with clean hoses and filter media. After a few weeks, I'm sure that dropped even further.

My experience was that head height was the key determiner for flowrate with the Oase.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Thanks Rain291, will check out east ocean. And thanks for sharing your experience, ForeverUpgrading. Seems like I still need to improve the flow somehow as I do not appreciate the lack of water movement in my tank (I’m using the rain bar in the accessories pack). The head height for my tank is pretty low IMHO (only 1.2 meters), so I’m sure the chiller and the inline co2 diffuser have something to do with it.