Hello everyone! I am John de Lange and live in the Netherlands.

I am an aquarium fanatic for 33 years now. I started with a 100 centimeter community tank but the Multiple Tank Syndrome hit me hard once I left my parents house. I started breeding Malawi and soon had lack of space, added more breeding tanks and more....finally I replaced all the separate tanks with a large wall of glass 6,5 metres long, 4 tanks above each other... a total of 6.760 liters of breeding tanks and one showtank of 1650 liters. At this point I still had a lack of space for all the fish but no more room in my garage.....This is when I started my first website called Hobbykwekers (hobbyist breeders). I used the site to make species profiles and to sell my fish.

As my kids got a bit older we looked around our neighbourhood and decided it was time to move to a more kid friendly part of town. We sold the breeding tanks, and I went back to just 1 tank. Now I had some extra time to spend....my website got more and more profiles and articles. Last year we decided the old name was no longer adequate so we changed it to AquaInfo. Both in Dutch and in English....well....still working on translating all pages. As you can imagine, I have been working on the site for 10 years now....still a lot of work to do

Almost forgot....I like to make aquarium pictures too...This is one of my most recent pictures: