Feedback Score
    Country
    United States

Ghost shrimps aquarium

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hello everyone, I just bought my first 5 gallon nanocube aquarium and I'm planing to have ghost shrimps in it. But since it is new aquariums with no algae in it, I'm afraid that shrimp will be left without natural food.. I read a lot articles about ghost shrimp care, but still I would like to get some info from people who have ghost shrimp fish tank. Is it okay to put shrimp in new aquarium? Maybe I need to buy fish first? And what about food? Is it okay to feed ghost shrimps with pre-made fish food? For those who like me, plans to have shrimps in their fish tank, I found quite informative article about ghost shrimps food,care,breeding etc. Maybe it will be useful for you to read it. Thank you for your answers.
    Last edited by jessica345; 26th Jan 2019 at 20:56.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Ghost shrimps aquarium

Since its new aquarium the only thing that should be inside are substrate, plants, filter media, deco (stone/hardscape) and water.

There are no established bacteria to help to breakdown ammonia and nitrite. Most fishes would die within hours or day. Shrimps are more sensitive, so if the fishes don’t make it, don’t even bother about shrimps.

If you do not have a aquarium test kit, you might want to get it, or wait for a month (at least) and buy a batch of comandos to try (risk involved).

If you intend to rear ghost shrimp, you must know they were breed to be sold as food. The chances of them surviving is not high when they are inside ur tanks due to many reasons.

Also do take note, ghost shrimp offspring are larvae. Hob/external filter are not recommended as they may suck up the larvae.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk