Country
    Singapore

Installing Chiller with Eheim 2213

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi!

I am trying to install a Hailea Chiller (Model - 28A) for my 2.5 feet X 1.5 feet X 1 feet planted tank.

Now I have got a powerhead which I will use to pump the tank water into the Chiller.
    I was wondering if I can connect the output of the chiller to the intake of my Eheim 2213 filter so that the I don't have to put a separate outflow pipe from the chiller into the tank. I want to do this to avoid having one more spray bar in the tank.

Another option which could be to direct the filtered water from the Eheim 2213 filter into the chiller and then after passing through the chiller get it into the tank. However, am not sure if eheim 2213 is good enough wrt the flow rate for the Chiiler to work properly.

Hailea Chiller Model -28A says Flow rate - 250 - 1200 L/H
    Eheim 2213 Max flow rate - 400+ L/H

Any advice would be highly appreciated.
    Regards,
    Saugata Banerjee

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Installing Chiller with Eheim 2213

First off all, please make sure the water that enters your chiller is filtered. You can do this esaily by installing a pre-filter before the chiller. Even better if its before the pump. (Ista makes an excellent one called the Smart Pre-filter.)

Yes, you can connect the chiller output to the cannister filter inlet. With the pump working, it should not add additional load to the filter. Do make sure that the filter is rated to match the minimum required flow rate of the chiller. This ensures the filter body and plumbing (including hoses and pipes) is designed/selected to allow that flow rate and will not reduce flow.

Sent using Tapatalk
    Vincent - AQ is for everyone, but not for 'u' and 'mi'.
    Why use punctuation? See what a difference it makes:
    A woman, without her man, is nothing.
    A woman: without her, man is nothing.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Installing Chiller with Eheim 2213

You can connect your Eheim 2213 output to the chiller and use the powerhead as a circulation pump . However , I have not used any flow rate of below 500 lt/hr on a chiller .
    If you've learnt, teach, if you have, give.
    Don't walk behind me as I might not lead, don't walk in front of me as I might not follow. Walk beside me, as my friend.
    Mohamad Rohaizal is my name. If it's too hard, use BFG. I don't mind.