Feedback Score
    Country
    United States

Dander !!

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    My tank has floaties in it, dust like.......QUESTION.......Is this coming from the filter, ie: polishing pads ??? I am totally frustrated, dealing with a sick fish, who seems 100% better today, but the dander is driving me nuts !!! Thanks So Much......Jo

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Dander !!

Does the dust look like particles, or a film?

There are filtration methods and devices that draw surface water through some kind of filter media - those would probably be the best ways to remove stuff on the surface on the tank. You can DIY something (though nowadays it's probably cheaper to just order it from China) - look up "overflow box" (reef tanks use these). Most overflow boxes go to a sump, but yours can just go to a power-head underwater that drives water across the tank (it's just to generate suction through the overflow box).

Feedback Score
    Country
    United States

Thank you so much for providing a direction to go in......I'll do my research and order a cheap one to evaluate my options. I may just change up the whole system.....Thank You...JO

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

All the best with that!

BTW re-read my old post... the other device that filters the surface of your tank would be the "surface skimmer" - hope you find something