Images
    Country
    Malaysia

Spots on my fishes!!

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hey there's sumthin wrong with my rummy noses. they all have these red spots on them like rashes or sumthin and their scales look like they are peelin off! can anyone pls tell me wat they are. i think it started when i fed them the tubifex worms. before that they were fine

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    hmm.. if it's open wounds, then you have to be very careful. Does the scales look upturned? Upturned scales are signs of dropsy and that's indicative of swelling of internal organs. Could be a secondary infection from Fish TB. Can you give more descriptions? or perhaps photos?

In the meantime, isolate the fishes and try a salt treatment first for the open wounds. If it's indeed dropsy or fish TB, then I think it's unlike to be cured nor will it be worth your while.

Cheers,
    I have dwarf cichlids in my tanks! Do you?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    Quote Originally Posted by benny
    hmm.. if it's open wounds, then you have to be very careful. Does the scales look upturned? Upturned scales are signs of dropsy and that's indicative of swelling of internal organs. Could be a secondary infection from Fish TB. Can you give more descriptions? or perhaps photos?

In the meantime, isolate the fishes and try a salt treatment first for the open wounds. If it's indeed dropsy or fish TB, then I think it's unlike to be cured nor will it be worth your while.

Cheers,
    Is it contagious? i thought it was a wound or a bruise bcause a rock fell down one night and i think it fell on them. it ws on one then now almost all my rummy noses have them!!! their stomach looks bloated too i will take pictures later