Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Advice for planted tank and betta

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi guys, my tank is around 3 weeks old, got my betta around the same time.

noticed that my betta fins are getting torn. The tank has ammonia spike, trying to deal with that, with 50% water change, daily (thinking of getting the API quick start, not sure if that might help). The tank also has a hair algae problem. I am putting off sunlight to deal with that. Nitrite and Nitrate tested 0.

Any advice how to improve the tank water parameters and also help the betta regrow its fins? should I remove him into a smaller tank till the main tank water parameters get better?

I have:

8 tetras
    4 otos
    1 betta

in the tank.

IMG-4597.jpg
    IMG-4600.JPG

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Advice for planted tank and betta

Quote Originally Posted by Ayjx View Post
    Hi guys, my tank is around 3 weeks old, got my betta around the same time.

noticed that my betta fins are getting torn. The tank has ammonia spike, trying to deal with that, with 50% water change, daily (thinking of getting the API quick start, not sure if that might help). The tank also has a hair algae problem. I am putting off sunlight to deal with that. Nitrite and Nitrate tested 0.

Any advice how to improve the tank water parameters and also help the betta regrow its fins? should I remove him into a smaller tank till the main tank water parameters get better?

I have:

8 tetras
    4 otos
    1 betta

in the tank.

IMG-4597.jpg
    IMG-4600.JPG
    Think its cause the tank isn't properly cycled. It should get better if you introduce some good bacteria into the tank. If you have a friend that have a healthy mature cycled tank, maybe get a piece of their old filter media (keep it wet) and add it to your tank.

Also for your betta, you should give some medication for its fin rot.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by BettaGups View Post
    Think its cause the tank isn't properly cycled. It should get better if you introduce some good bacteria into the tank. If you have a friend that have a healthy mature cycled tank, maybe get a piece of their old filter media (keep it wet) and add it to your tank.

Also for your betta, you should give some medication for its fin rot.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Thank you!

Feedback Score
    Country
    United States

Ayjx, hi there. Few weeks ago, when I was facing the same issues with water I've tried a lot of things to change my always-dirty water to more clean and healthy. So, believe me or not, but one of the things that helped me with that, by it's functions of refilling, was a faucet (one of these: https://cozyhousetoday.com/best-pot-filler-kitchen-faucets/), that's ordinary made for kitchens. But I've connected it with some automation system and for now it works well by auto-filling my tank. And of course, huge part of resolving issue made by simple filters.