Feedback Score
    Country
    United States

Can planaria live outside the tank

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask but here goes. About a month and a half ago I bought a snail from petsmart I noticed on the way home we had a hitch hiker. A single planarian not knowing what it was or anything about it I got the brilliant idea to smush it inside the bag. When I got home I tried to carefully put the snail I googled the worm I found only to realise how badly I messed up. I bought dewormer ( the one that starts with an f). Any ways I wormed the tank and went about my business. Last night unfortunately I walked into my room and noticed they had not only come back but destroyed Timmy my mystery snail. With out really thinking about much I removed the remaining fish and I took down the whole tank. I soaked the rocks and decor in hot tap water and added dewormer I rinsed everything thoroughly and then reassembled and added dewormer to the actual tank. Afterward my OCD kicked back in and now I'm wondering if there could be planaria still in the tank and in my kitchen sink or bowls I used. Could some one tell me what the likelyhood of this is. My tap water get to 140f I read boiling water kills them would that be hot enough and would it be safe to get another snail any time soon. I dont want to get another one for the same thing to happen.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Can planaria live outside the tank

They die outside of water within half an hour. They basically shrivel up, I used to Vac them out, then burn them.

Then I figured out, u can just leave them in a mineral water bottle without water.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk