Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Help a newbie out:-(

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi guys found some problems in my tank ;( any advise would be greatly appreciated...

1) white string growing on moss

2) white thread like worm

3) dirty *** hair grass - any solutions?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Help a newbie out:-(

As I can't see clearly the first 2 issue, I can't comment. The 3rd one is hair algae growing on your hair grass. Best to eliminate by using hydrogen peroxide solution you can purchase in 100ml bottle at local pharmacies like Watsons. And followed by Seachem Excel dose.

Google for this remedy to eliminate most algae types but easier to treat in a quarantine tank as your Hair grass is in a SS mesh. This 1-2 knock out treatment will damage your mosses and if overdose will also kill your fishes. So go google the dosage.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Help a newbie out:-(

Quote Originally Posted by greenie View Post
    As I can't see clearly the first 2 issue, I can't comment. The 3rd one is hair algae growing on your hair grass. Best to eliminate by using hydrogen peroxide solution you can purchase in 100ml bottle at local pharmacies like Watsons. And followed by Seachem Excel dose.

Google for this remedy to eliminate most algae types but easier to treat in a quarantine tank as your Hair grass is in a SS mesh. This 1-2 knock out treatment will damage your mosses and if overdose will also kill your fishes. So go google the dosage.
    Hi greenie, thanks for the reply! Really appreciate the tips
    . For the hair algae, reason for growth is too much/too intense lighting right? I also attached zoomed in photos of the first 2 issues. Worm is near the tip of the tweezers! And the white string is at the middle of the first picture in an almost curve shape!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk