Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Growing Monte Carlo and Stem plants emersed in Tupperware container

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    As title states, I have some spare monte carlo and some Bacopa Caroliana Trimmings which did not want to just throw away from my planted tank. So I decided to try and grow them emersed to see if it'll work. I just used 1 spare tupperware container for each plant, tropica aquarium powder for substrate. I wet the soil with old tank water, planted the plants in to the soil and covered the top with saran/cling wrap. I secured it with rubber band and put on the tupperware lid. Lighting wise, I just stuck in near the window for sunlight. This was just something I whipped up in a few minutes with just the stuff laying around the house. So not like a serious experiment. Although I would definitely like to succeed.

So my question is, has anyone tried this before? and if you have, any advice for me? tips to successfully transition plants from submersed to emersed form? Thanks in Advance.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Growing Monte Carlo and Stem plants emersed in Tupperware container

Been 2 weeks since i set it up, I am actually seeing new growth from both the stem plants and monte carlo. Been exposing them to air more and more as well. Really interesting.