1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

SG ASAP group has been disabled

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    As I was saying in the earlier post. This has nothing to do with FB hindering users from posting quality stuff. It is the quality of post that affects the group. If it is an aquarium group, then it should contain quality post; sharing of scapes, ideas, ferts dosing etc, just like Singapore Aquascaping Group, but instead, the group deviated from it's purpose, ending up being a marketing platform for Alan's courier services.

Glad I reported the group sometime back for Josephine Wang's defamatory remarks, when the administrators did nothing. Thumbs up to FB for making things "difficult" for the group.

Glad to see it finally closed.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: SG ASAP group has been disabled

I have nothing against the people at SG ASAP and the culture there - hey it's a free country, right? - but there is such a thing as crowding out. Maybe an apt metaphor is signal-to-noise ratio... it's hard to get a clear signal through when there is too much noise.

But is this change going to have any lasting impact? Information architecture does have an influence, but ultimately the community builds itself. If people are more keen on certain topics than others, have less regard for certain kinds of information than others, then the community will be what it is.

Just as Kenneth Jeyaretnam says Singaporeans get the government they deserve, I'd venture that Singaporean hobbyists get the community they deserve.