Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Help needed! Sexing my A. macmaster.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Help needed! Sexing my A. macmaster.

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi guys,

please help me see see if I have males and female macmaster. Saw some post abt sneaker male and scare I have one.
    I having problem uploading the pic and only can upload via take pic ( plus far away ) then it able to upload.

image.jpgimage.jpg
    Last edited by Haheho66; 8th Aug 2019 at 01:49. Reason: uploading pics problem

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Help needed! Sexing my A. macmaster.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

hi bro,

Looks like 3 males

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Oh man, alright thank you

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Haheho66 View Post
    It's possible that this is female.

This is a good test: condition her well (preferably separately from the males, because they could be chasing her and snatching food and basically not letting her get in shape) and later put them together and see if she deflates like a ballon (lays eggs). Whether eggs are fertile or not, the deflation is quite obvious one.

You don't need a lot of space to condition apistos, I do it in four-litre tubs with peat-filtered water. Water changes once a week should be fine at low pH. Apistos don't need much oxygen (e.g. A. allpahuayo were caught in waters below 1 ppm dissolved oxygen, and 2+ ppm is common - compared to saturation levels of 7++ ppm depending on temps). You also don't need filters if you do a complete clean up at each water change (rinse out all detritus and discard all old water).

I understand not many people are keen to do it, but I hope folks are interested to know what's within the realm of possibility

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by boofeng View Post
    It's possible that this is female.

This is a good test: condition her well (preferably separately from the males, because they could be chasing her and snatching food and basically not letting her get in shape) and later put them together and see if she deflates like a ballon (lays eggs). Whether eggs are fertile or not, the deflation is quite obvious one.

You don't need a lot of space to condition apistos, I do it in four-litre tubs with peat-filtered water. Water changes once a week should be fine at low pH. Apistos don't need much oxygen (e.g. A. allpahuayo were caught in waters below 1 ppm dissolved oxygen, and 2+ ppm is common - compared to saturation levels of 7++ ppm depending on temps). You also don't need filters if you do a complete clean up at each water change (rinse out all detritus and discard all old water).

I understand not many people are keen to do it, but I hope folks are interested to know what's within the realm of possibility
    Thank you for your information ! I will try that