Singapore

Tank invaded

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    1.jpg
    Hi Guys,

Recently my tank invaded by these tiny bugs... possible to identify them? I only have RCS and guppies in my tank. Is it safe for them?

Would appreciate some help

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Tank invaded

Hmmmm. You can remove all your fish first and put in another tank. Then quarantine your decoration and plants in another tank in case still have the bug. Afterwards remove all tank water in that tank. You can add chemicals or boiling water in your infested tank to kill the bugs.
    i know guppies are always hungry but feed them thrice a day consume under 3 minutes. You can have a cleaning crew. Like snails, pleco or shrimps because the invaders eat leftover fish food.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Do they appear only on aquarium surfaces or are they free moving? They look like seed shrimps to me. If they are seed shrimps, they are not harmful but can be a nuisance due to their propagation abilities. Feed less to reduce their numbers.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Vietnam

Yup, it looks like seed shrimps. Good news is, they are harmless to your shrimps and might be a good live food for your guppies. It is also indicate that your tank water is quite stable. Having said that, it might looks unsightly and blooming if overfeeding. So reduce your feeding a bit and their population will be growing slower / less.