Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Betta Splenden Is Popular Nowadays ?!?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Betta Splenden Is Popular Nowadays ?!?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I have seen a few lfs selling only bettas nowadays . Its akin to the past Luohan phenomenon that had sweep this country and caused a massive decline of bloodworm supplies when luohan popularity was picking up . The quality back when I was exposed to this species of fish as compared to now is astounding to say the least , like day and night difference ! Back in the day , early 2000 , we were only looking at the types if fins these betta species have but nowaday , the colors that these fishes carries are really gorgeous !

There are many new types of colors available such as ,
    1) Nemo ( 2 colors of red and yellow , same as the marine clownfish )
    2) Pandas ( main color consist of white plus 1 other color ie black , blue etc )
    3) Multicolor ( many color on a fish but must have the same color on both side of the body )
    4) Alien ( metallic color plus black with a certain pattern uniformity , kinda like a consistent pattern on the fish )
    5) Rim ( a solid white body on the bettas with 1 solid color on the edge of all the fins of this category of fish , no blotches or weird pattern , just a single color on the edges of all the fins , ie blue rim , gold rim and etc etc )
    6) Ninja and or Samurai ( mostly black with 1 other color )
    7) Hellboy ( red and white but I am not sure the percentage or pattern that this category identify as )

I am slowly learning about this new availability of high quality of bettas . From what I gather , they are produced by farms and aquarist from Thailand and Indonesia . There are many colors and variant available . Have a look see !
    If you've learnt, teach, if you have, give.
    Don't walk behind me as I might not lead, don't walk in front of me as I might not follow. Walk beside me, as my friend.
    Mohamad Rohaizal is my name. If it's too hard, use BFG. I don't mind.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Betta Splenden Is Popular Nowadays ?!?

Just remembered a few more category of color pattern .

Koi ( simiar to koi ? )
    9) Emerald ( metallic mixture of color )
    10) Marble ( similar to marble tile ? )
    11) Mustard Gas ( a strong yellow color on the fin with a single solid color on the body and edges of all fin ie blue body with blue rim on the edge of all fin and yellow mustard color filling the fins in between )
    12) Black Mamba ( percentage of blackness ? )

Anyone who knows more about this new bettas , feel free to chime in !
    Don't walk behind me as I might not lead, don't walk in front of me as I might not follow. Walk beside me, as my friend.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Betta Splenden Is Popular Nowadays ?!?

Totally forgotten about Wikipedia , the categorization is found in this link below .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siamese_fighting_fish