Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: How many fish can I buy at the same time?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Denmark

How many fish can I buy at the same time?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    So i have a long way to the fish shop, I want to buy as many as possible at the same time, can I buy 4 Amano Shrimp, 1 Honey gourami, 4 Panda Corys, and put them in my 50 liters quarantine tank I do have a lot of bio Media in the quarantine tank like 1 liter, I'm just worrying about ammonia spice, how many would you recommend I buy at the same time?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: How many fish can I buy at the same time?

Quote Originally Posted by Boffer View Post
    So i have a long way to the fish shop, I want to buy as many as possible at the same time, can I buy 4 Amano Shrimp, 1 Honey gourami, 4 Panda Corys, and put them in my 50 liters quarantine tank I do have a lot of bio Media in the quarantine tank like 1 liter, I'm just worrying about ammonia spice, how many would you recommend I buy at the same time?
    Basically , these are consider small size fishes. Should be good to go as Long as u change water every week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Country
    United States

Re: How many fish can I buy at the same time?

If the filter is cycled you can basically put in what you'd be comfortable putting in a new 50L tank normally. So 5 corys etc. would be fine. I agree - plants are great for giving the fish a bit of cover to minimise stress. You can just take cuttings from your main tank - if you've stems they'll usually happily float if you don't have substrate to anchor them, or you can reuse one of the pots they sell them in to make a planter.
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart