Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Emperor Tetra Swimming Vertically

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I have moved my 1 neon, 4 emperor and 6 glowlight tetra to my 17L hospital tank for about 2 weeks now. The neon had a damaged tailfin, the glowlights and emperor tetras was losing color and some white spots on the tail and dorsal fins. After a week the white spots disappeared so i stopped medication for ich. I maintained using pimafix and melafix due to the neon is still recovering its tail and the glowlights still have whitish flesh underneath its scales (supposed to be transparent right?). Just two days ago, 1 of the emperor started swimming vertically with the head on top, swimming in place but looks like struggling to swim. Do i have to take him down now so that others wouldn't be affected if he is carrying somekind of a disease?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Emperor Tetra Swimming Vertically

Screenshot_20200320-173426_Gallery.jpg
    Today he's losing all color, yesterday it is more vertical but when I feed them it can swim horizontally. Is he sick or just his favorite swimming motion?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

ezgif.com-crop.gif
    He's back on swimming fully vertically. Is there a way to cure him?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Hong Kong

For a late reply, emperor tetra normal swim vertically with head down or horizontal, you fish is sick, and probably frightened, and emperor are normally aggressive, I know mine are, all my diamond tetra gets scared and tail nibbled, so I put it in another tank.