Country
    Guatemala

Hi from Guatemala

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi everyone,

I am new to the forum. I originally had 2 Red Ear Sliders in a 5 gallon tank (the store that sells them here said it was 10 and I didn't double question it until later). They were both a 1 1/2 inch long when I got them.

Now, 10 months later I have had several changes:

1 of the turtles kind of became a bully, and scares the other one away. being in a small tank did not help, so I now bought a 70 gallon tank to have both. I might have to change it up in the future, we'll see... Now it stopped being a bully and is overall very friendly and eats a lot. It grew to 4 1/2 inches in less than a year. The other one only grew to 2 1/2 inches long.

I bought a couple of baby RES to have 4 now, but the older one bullied and almost killed them, so I had to put them both in a smaller tank.

Now one of my buddies had one and he broke his tank by mistake, so I took his turtle in, now I have 5 Turtles OMG.

I have tried placing the tank indoors but light is an issue (no stores sell the special UV and heat lamps, all is bought online and expensive). Climate in my city is pretty good and I read it's ok if you keep the tanks outdoors, so I am trying that approach starting next week. Let's hope for the best!

My setup is awful now, but let's hope it looks better once I know having them outside works.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Hi from Guatemala

Welcome to AQ!
    Nicholas

Newbie en el cichlid enano