Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Solenoid on the regulator doesnt seem working

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    My solenoid doesn't seem working when my timer is off. I still can see co2 release in the diffuser although my timer is already off. Is it because of the solenoid is not functioning properly? If so, what i can do about it.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Solenoid on the regulator doesnt seem working

How long did the co2 supply still run after the timer switches off ? If its a few minutes , it could be residual pressure from existing co2 in the supply line . Best is to cut the co2 supply 1hr before lights off .

If it takes hours before the co2 supply is cut off , you might have a bent pin in the solenoid regulator where it switches on and off . You might need to replaced that part .

Check the timer whether it has been in operation for a few years or was it brand new . The contact point for the electrical circuit might have worn off and you might need to replace the timer with a new one . It happens , I have a few analogue timer out of commission after operating for a few years ,

Hope this helps !
    If you've learnt, teach, if you have, give.
    Don't walk behind me as I might not lead, don't walk in front of me as I might not follow. Walk beside me, as my friend.
    Mohamad Rohaizal is my name. If it's too hard, use BFG. I don't mind.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Solenoid on the regulator doesnt seem working

the co2 definitely still flow after 2hours🙁. And i don’t think its timer issue coz i actually attached my light to the timer too as it function fine.