Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Possible Eheim Classic sucking in CO2.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Possible Eheim Classic sucking in CO2.

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi all,

Pretty new here. Have been stalking for quite a while but this is my first post. So i have a problem that I am hoping someone has a solution to.

I have a 2ft set up with Eheim 2213 as my filter and recently started pumping co2 through an in-tank atomizer at approx 1 bpm.

What I've realised is that after a few hours of co2 injection, my filter will start to make noise (there's barely any noticeable noise at night) and if i were to turn off the filter, I'll see large bubbles going up the outlet pipe and accumulating at the neck of my lily pipe. The amount of gas from these bubbles is quite a lot, around a length of 5-6cm on a 9/12 lily pipe.

Is there a possibility of my filter sucking in the co2 + o2 released during photosynthesis, causing a gas buildup in the filter? If so, what can i do about this?

Hong Jun

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Possible Eheim Classic sucking in CO2.

Hard to tell base on description. Will need a picture of the placement.

But most likely no, it will not. And even if it is, the build up of air will not be sufficient to rattle the filter.

3 things to check:

1: how high/low was the filter placed away from the tank?

2: are the tubing used just nice or was the allowance too much? When i say too much i refer to more than 10cm slack.

3: are the intake and outflow pipe used original? Did you change to some unknown brand?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk