Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re-plant a Section of the Tank

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Need some advise on replanting a section of the tank. Currently this section is owned by Monte Carlo, planning to change to Staurogyne Repens. My MC are melting pretty badly due to H2O2 treatment and I thought this would be a good opportunity to do this.

How will one do this while other livestock still in tank?
    Will this effect my other plants? Mostly low tech plants now.
    How do I remove my MC safely? Just yank it off?

Thanks to all sifus in advance

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Re-plant a Section of the Tank

dont't worry about the lifestock, you can do it while they are still in the tank. it will affect the other plants to a certain extend. it can be positive and also negative. eg. if you take out more than you put in then the others plants will have more nutrients and co2 and vice versa. just put your hand in and slowly pull them out. try no to disturb the soil as much as possible. it's fine if the tank gets cloudly, it will clear up in awhile. after removing your monte carlo use a tweezer and plant the repens into the soil. you can lower the water by 50% if you want. you can even do it when full, then do a small wc after to clear the dirt or cloudy water abit.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Re-plant a Section of the Tank

Quote Originally Posted by Everlance View Post
    dont't worry about the lifestock, you can do it while they are still in the tank. it will affect the other plants to a certain extend. it can be positive and also negative. eg. if you take out more than you put in then the others plants will have more nutrients and co2 and vice versa. just put your hand in and slowly pull them out. try no to disturb the soil as much as possible. it's fine if the tank gets cloudly, it will clear up in awhile. after removing your monte carlo use a tweezer and plant the repens into the soil. you can lower the water by 50% if you want. you can even do it when full, then do a small wc after to clear the dirt or cloudy water abit.
    Thank you. Will give it a try

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk