Hi guys,

Lately I've been trying to follow nice online pictures of people doing emersed HC Japan (Hydrocotyle Tripartita) growing out of the top of their fish tanks.

I bought a pack from tropica's in-vitro tripartita and glued it to a lava rock and hooked it to the top of the tank with some wires. Covered the top with cling wrap for 2 weeks.

It was staying strong for a while but suddenly it is starting to melt or die off or something. (2HR aquarist complete fert 3 times a week, sometimes i mist it with tank water mixed with abit of flourish excel, water no CO2 dosing, lighting some cheap study clip on goose neck lamp from miniso, Tank 30L cube with some tetras)
h.jpg

I have tried tripartita 2 other times in submersed conditions before but it never seemed to thrive or survive in my tank! I'm not using CO2 but i heard some people say they grow just like weed even without CO2.

Is there something wrong with my water? I love the look of tripartita growing out the top of the tank but i can't seem to grow them for the life of me. Please help, thank you!