Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Shallow shrimp tank advice for a newbie. ~8g.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Shallow shrimp tank advice for a newbie. ~8g.

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hello all,

I am planning to set up a shallow shrimp tank in my bedroom. The tank size I am currently looking at would be similar to the ADA 60-F (60x30x18cm) ~8.5g. I will be going down to local fish shops to scout for similar tanks.

I would like to get some advice on items from the tanks.

Filter - I was thinking of going with a canister filter as it is the nicest looking filter especially once paired with a glass lily pipe. The Eheim classic 150 seems to get recommended a lot, what are your thoughts on this? I was thinking of getting the pipes from AliExpress.

CO2 system - I saw that there are some shops locally selling a complete system ( "ANS 5L PROFESSIONAL CO2 SYSTEM" ) for $255. What are your thoughts on this? Should I get a CO2 system from somewhere else or would this be a good options.

Heater - I am which heater to go with. What are some popular heaters for smaller tanks I could get locally?

Substrate - For our local tap water, what substrate would you recommend?

thank you very much!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Shallow shrimp tank advice for a newbie. ~8g.

hi,what types of shrimps are you planning to keep? Neo-caridinals or Caridinals.
    Some shrimps required chilled water to thrive.
    for low profile tanks,you might wanna consider the length of the lily pipes if you are not placing tank on a rack or cabinet.
    When there is water,there will be fish

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by derekseah View Post
    hi,what types of shrimps are you planning to keep? Neo-caridinals or Caridinals.
    Some shrimps required chilled water to thrive.
    for low profile tanks,you might wanna consider the length of the lily pipes if you are not placing tank on a rack or cabinet.
    Thanks for the reply! I was thinking of keeping Cherry Red shrimps as they seem to be one of the easier shrimps to keep. Thanks for the heads up on the lily pipes, I will have to consider where I plan on placing the tank.

Do you have any advice on CO2? I've seen many bad reviews for many of the regulator/solenoid combos. Is there a "cant go wrong" system?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Hi..u wanna pm me 91014295..easier to give u feedbacks

Sent from my SM-G985F using Tapatalk
    When there is water,there will be fish

Feedback Score

Shrimps are very sensitive and should need RODI water too to be happy. I tried keeping some CRS but they all died.

Not sure if they were attacked by my tetras or lambchop rasboras but parameters in the tank were perfect with the TDS at about 250 and water temp at about 29.5deg being the only 2 things being out of place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk