Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Which CO2 regulator to buy locally? And canister filter help!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Which CO2 regulator to buy locally? And canister filter help!

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hello all,

I have been browsing some LFS's e shop and notice that we dont have many CO2 regulator choice, not sure if other shops that dont have e shop will have more options. But from what I've seen there is 3 options, ANS regulator, ADA and CO2art. The CO2 art and the ADA stuff seems to be the better option. Is there any shop locally that sells GLA regs? Or am I stuck with the above 3 options?

As for filters, I am planning on going with a shallow 8-9g tank but really want a canister filter, I've read that I should be able to restrict the ourflow quite a bit. I saw that Eheim and Fluval makes good canister filters. Would the Eheim classic 150 or the Fluval 106 be a better option for such a small tank?

Thank you very much

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Which CO2 regulator to buy locally? And canister filter help!

The ans professional set has been tested and proven to work well also money wise friendly. unless you are willing to spend more.

for canister there are many. eheim classic 250 or the chihiros superjet 300 should do fine for a tank your size.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Everlance View Post
    The ans professional set has been tested and proven to work well also money wise friendly. unless you are willing to spend more.

for canister there are many. eheim classic 250 or the chihiros superjet 300 should do fine for a tank your size.

Thank you for the reply!
    WOW, you'd recommend up to the classic 250 for a 8-9g tank? I'll look into that.

I read some bad comments on the ANS co2 system on local facebook groups, may I know where I can find more info/reviews on them? Spending less is definitely better but I'd much rather spend more and get a reliable system.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

yes, lily pipes and a tap vavle should be able to ease the strong current. more media better and stable tank conditions.

as for the ans system, i think lets hear what some of the folks here has to say or advice.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

I have been using OF solenoid and it has been working well for a couple of years.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by hann View Post
    I have been using OF solenoid and it has been working well for a couple of years.
    OF Solenoid? Can you link it?

Also, just the solenoid? What about the regulator assembly? What would you recommend?