Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Planning to start the Aquatic Hobby, some questions.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Question Planning to start the Aquatic Hobby, some questions.

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Would like to know some recommended tropical fish that I should get, that are quite hardy + the quantity they should be in. I'm okay with schooling fish, or any type really. Just needs to be hardy and nice to look at.

One more thing, would like to check on Gouramis, should I get them? Those colourful, smaller ones, not the kisser or huge ones. Getting a 15-20 gallon tank, by the way. Haven't decided. And also, any good 20 Gallon tank recommendations? (website to buy them, etc.)

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Planning to start the Aquatic Hobby, some questions.

Welcome to the hobby.

Researching and accumulating knowledge is important especially in the maintenance of the water quality for your fishes. It's easier now than 10-20 years ago with so many information available on the web. I believe no one can recommend you which fish to keep. It all depends on what fish you like to keep and get the right setup for that particular fish.

Learning water parameter suitable for that fish is important. Parameters like temperature requirement, what range of pH is suitable will determine if it ends in success or failure. Do look through the different fishes at you local fish shop. Research it's requirement and if unsure, can ask in forums like this.

Good luck.