Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: New light for 30cm cube aquarium - bright enough?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Wink New light for 30cm cube aquarium - bright enough?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi all!

I am new to the world of aquascaping and recently got my hands on the CA-L2-25 light by Chinese brand Crab Aqua Technology Co. I couldn't find any details of it online after having bought it, and now I am worried that it will not be bright enough for my 30cm deep tank - I intend to keep a few moderate species (Pogostemon helferi, maybe different kinds of taller Rotala, or if it's bright enough i might even try a very easy carpet species.) The light cost 14 SGD.

I've attached the specs at the back of the box, and I would love to hear what you guys have to say. There are 6 LED lights in total, 4 white and 2 blue.

Is it bright enough, or nay? I'm not even sure if its possible to conclude this from the specs alone... What you guys say will help determine if I need to swap out some of my choice plants before I buy them. Thank you!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    Country
    Hong Kong

Re: New light for 30cm cube aquarium - bright enough?

You need to show photo of the light itself, but many LED should be ok with 30cm, I have this light it has two rows of LED for each light, one light for red plants and one light for green, and my tank is also 30cmx30cmx30cm, I also have Pogostemon helferi, I think about 8 months now, and they are doing well, but you also need CO2 for the to show its lust green color, otherwise the color will be pale.

https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id...u=j11ae863223f

Feedback Score
    Country
    Hong Kong

Quote Originally Posted by Euphorbia View Post
    Hi all!

I am new to the world of aquascaping and recently got my hands on the CA-L2-25 light by Chinese brand Crab Aqua Technology Co. I couldn't find any details of it online after having bought it, and now I am worried that it will not be bright enough for my 30cm deep tank - I intend to keep a few moderate species (Pogostemon helferi, maybe different kinds of taller Rotala, or if it's bright enough i might even try a very easy carpet species.) The light cost 14 SGD.

I've attached the specs at the back of the box, and I would love to hear what you guys have to say. There are 6 LED lights in total, 4 white and 2 blue.

Is it bright enough, or nay? I'm not even sure if its possible to conclude this from the specs alone... What you guys say will help determine if I need to swap out some of my choice plants before I buy them. Thank you!
    http://crab-aqua.com/menu.htm

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Thank you so much for your reply! Here are two pictures of the light, since the website also doesn't show the bulbs themselves. One with the lights off and one when they're on, facing my unplanted tank

You have very nice looking Pogostemon helferi and I am so jealous!!! I hope mine look nearly as good as yours
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    Country
    Hong Kong

You should consider a light combine with white, red and green, blue is only good for night view.

My setup is very expensive

custom tank, frost back glass, four sides is glued with silicone at 45 degree, hole cut at bottom of tank.
    auto water top up
    UV light
    twin LED light
    auto feeder (wifi controlled)control center
    intense Co2
    control center for PH, light, temperature, co2, UV light, water top up, heater(although off most of the time.) Wifi controlled with android or apple app.
    chiller
    heater
    DIY under tank filter system.

FYI my tank is set at 25 to 26 degree, plants like the water cold.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Hong Kong

I also have the Aquael Leddy slim and the fluval 3.0 Plant, both made for plants and works well.

The Aquael Leddy slim is small and very bright.

Fluval is BT control with auto on/off