Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Question on GEX Slim Filter S

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    I currently have a GEX Slim S and believe most posts have shared that we can change the cartridges to use our own media.

Planning to use a mix of Sera Siporax (bottom half) with coarse (middle layer) and fine wool on top but curious about the filtration path. Since the inlet pipe ends at the top of the filter, would the water just end up going through the fine wool layer without passing through the coarse wool and siporax?

Apologies in advance if this question has been asked before. Cannot find a specific answer to this so far.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Re: Question on GEX Slim Filter S

Any photos to share? Some of use are not too familiar with your filter.

Cheers,
    I have dwarf cichlids in my tanks! Do you?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by benny View Post
    Any photos to share? Some of use are not too familiar with your filter.

Cheers,
    Hi Benny

Thanks for the reply. Found these photos of the GEX Slim Filter online to show the general shape. My concern would be whether the flow of the tank water will travel through the lower half of the filter since the inlet pipe ends at the top. Will take a photo of my actual filter with media layout tonight.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

Hi BltZ,

I put coarse filter on the right side of the media area (where the water sucked from the tank flows from) and just before the outflow. I fill everything else with crushed lava rock for biological filtration. I believe you can replicate this and use the fine wool for the outflow.

Cheers

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by BltZ View Post
    Hi Benny

Thanks for the reply. Found these photos of the GEX Slim Filter online to show the general shape. My concern would be whether the flow of the tank water will travel through the lower half of the filter since the inlet pipe ends at the top. Will take a photo of my actual filter with media layout tonight.
    Without better photos to look at the actual water path, I can only assume that what you propose should work as the water fill flow down the right chamber before finally end up in the overflow chamber to return to the tank.

If you have more photos, we can probably figure that out. Alternatively, just try it and see! No harm experimenting.

Cheers,
    I have dwarf cichlids in my tanks! Do you?