Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: water conditions

water conditions

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    can anyone gimme the values of pH Kh temp etc. of the water required for bee and tiger shrimps. My tank has got cherry shrimps, yamato shrimps, and malayan shrimps. all live happily, however when ever i add in tiger or bees, the tiger and bees die. ive checked into the web but they seem to gimme slight differing values so i thought perhaps it better to ask local singaporeans

Can i keep thes e shrimps in tap water straight or do i need in increase/decrease pH or kH levels ??

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Dear Kenneth,
    I have the same group of shrimps living together and the same thing happened when I added tiger or bee. Doing alittle experiment, will update in a fortnight. If anyone have the same experience pls help
    Something about the water & the fishes that calms me down.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    hey guys...

same thing happened to my tiger shrimps too...
    i just bought 5 tiger shrimps and i already saw 4 dead within 2 hours...

couldnt find the other one.. presumed its dead too...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    For bees, put in the catappa/ketapang leaves. (buy from c328 or other "shops that sell leaves") Bees need soft water. (ph 6.5-6.8...not official numbers, but I have this condition in my tank and they are ok). Tigers, I believe need higher ph (~7?). My last batch died so I am not so sure, but I think it was due to my water condition. Your ph/kh may not be the cause, look for other reasons (like temp, bioload, lack of o2, PH swing, ferts, chemicals, predator fish etc..). They should be able to tolerate reasonable range of ph provided it is consistent.

The reason why your other shrimps are ok is becos they are the easier ones.
    Bees and tigers are rather sensitive (as well as rockets and a whole host of nice looking shrimps).