Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: BBA eating Yamato

Feedback Score

BBA eating Yamato

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Just bought 20 yamato at 80 cents each at Soon Heng today. Intention is to help get rid of hair algae blooming in tank. Actually the 20 are reinforcements of ard 10 yamato and 60 malayan shrimp bought from Gan's recently. Then notice this new guys are also eating on the BBA which is also in tank though these BBA already under control.See yourself the pics!

Never thought they eat those ugly BBA!!!
    I'd regularly remove these BBA covered grain of sand during my water changes, now have these helpers which are quite large in size.Even my first batch of Yamatoes does not eat 'em.

hi setiardi,
    sorry to side track a bit, your hairgrass looked awesome[:0]
    how do u grow until like that? can share your secrets? is temperature very important?

Feedback Score
    No special tricks, just get as much as u can during planting and planting in as small clump as possible near to each other(1~2cm apart). Ideally plant a single node - 1 root system with a few leaves.U can get less and cover more.Only thing is u work more harder. But end result is for u to reap. Another thing is they need lots CO2(6 bubbles/sec).So watch the PH and signs of fish distress.Liquid fert(ADA Green brighty Step 1) and intense light from day one. My 4ft footer filled almost to the brim is about 40cm deep. Lights used originally 2 sets 2 x 36w arcadia FL. Change to e-ballast to give better output. Now use 2x36w FL and 4x36w PL, both JBJ. Need higher output coz planting red-stem plants like rotala macranda.Hope this helps.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Can take a picture of your foreground?

Southern tip of S.E.A and possibly blowing bubbles underwater
    Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    your topic is very misleading.. for a moment.. i thought BBA had evolved to eat yamatoes.. [].. no pun intended..coz i realised my folly later.. hahaha..
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    Though this is a sidetrack to the topic, here are the pics of my 4ft from front, right and left.

Actually intend riccia as ground plants but not succesful so tried with glosso and they cover fully the ground. Then BBA strikes and rmv all and tried hg x2.

Anyway abt my yamatoes, I try not to rmv those BBA for a while to see whether they really eat BBA.

Southern tip of S.E.A and possibly blowing bubbles underwater
    Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    very chio leh.. [:0]
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    Wonderful aquascape!
    Aquatic plants and LEGO collector.

setiardi,
    WoW! very nice, very nice!
    and thanks for your tips[]