Country
    Singapore

Dennerle Fertilization

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hey everyone,
    i humbly request some input wif regards to Dennerle Fertilizers. I was told there r 4 main types which r the most fundamental for plant growth namely, A-1, G-7, n 2 other types which i cant rem( i tink its smth-15 & smth-30.... Pls let me noe wad these two other types are if anyone has knowledege of em...thanks!
    ~Live Life; Dun Let Life Live U!~

Arclaveus' Online Album

Club Santa Fe Singapore

Visit my "Black Devil" at http://www.cardomain.com/id/arclaveus

I love my Aquatic Garden!!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    E15 - contains bivalent iron in tablet form

V30 - a water-soluble universal fertilizer that plants can absorb through their leaves.

A1 - water conditioner is used every water change to neutralise harmful chemicals

S7 - contains trace elements and vitamins

TR7 - peat bark extract

PFG7 - plant enzymes and hormones to encourage growth.

FB7 - filter bacteria to break down toxic waste and quickly establish your aquarium.

*numeric numbers correspond to the number of days for dosing

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    E15 and V30 are the 2 essentials.

You can refer to this for more information:
    http://www.dennerle.com/Gebrauchsanl...uenger_int.pdf

BC

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon
    E15 - contains bivalent iron in tablet form

V30 - a water-soluble universal fertilizer that plants can absorb through their leaves.

A1 - water conditioner is used every water change to neutralise harmful chemicals

TR7 - peat bark extract

PFG7 - plant enzymes and hormones to encourage growth.

FB7 - filter bacteria to break down toxic waste and quickly establish your aquarium.

*numeric numbers correspond to the number of days for dosing
    Sorri bro, but A1 is also a liquid fert meant for daily dosing. 4 drops per 100 litres of water. It is meant for high requirement tank which deplete some of the elements faster than usual.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    thks for pointing that out.. my typo ;p

the water conditioner is Biogrun not A1

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Arclaveus,
    The other 2 is E15 & V30. They are not meant to be use simultaneously, water change fortnitely.I.E E15 on the 1st then V30 on the 15th for every 25% water change. A1 is daily dosage and 'PF7' I think on a weekly basis.
    The 2 main ones are E15 & V30 also ( they are meant to fertilize new water only(during water change) so dont use dosage for entire tank.)The other 2 as supplements. It is costly though might want to consider other alternatives, bro.
    Just change to this regime about a month ago, Plants in my tank that have shown vast improvement are Stargrass and Ammania Gracillis. Can't tell much now
    Something about the water & the fishes that calms me down.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Icic...thanks for all the info bros!!
    Currently i haf A-1, PFG-7, S-7 & V-30. Guess i missed the impt one, E-15.
    So correct me if i'm wrong, I will use these ferts on a frequency based on their numbers indicate rite?? Do i haf to do it on an alt basis or all start togetz??

Arclaveus' Online Album

Club Santa Fe Singapore

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    So correct me if i'm wrong, I will use these ferts on a frequency based on their numbers indicate rite?? Do i haf to do it on an alt basis or all start togetz??
    If you change water once a week or fortnitely, just alternate between the two(E15 & V30). I use 1st & 15th of the month because easy to remember.The fortnitely fertilization is recommended by Dennerle so I thing the dosage last 2 weeks for this 2.
    On the issue on whether to start all over again is entirely up to you. Doesn't really matter.
    Something about the water & the fishes that calms me down.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I wld dose with V30 first then follow by E15 in the middle of the month

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Sorry for asking this stupid question but any guarantee that we would not run into major algae problems if we totally adopt the dennerle system and follow the instructions closely. Any comments anyone?

Robin
    i always fighting algae but still got more

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Robin

no brand will give you that guarantee

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Alright guys!
    Thanks for the info! Will update u guys wif my dosing regime n its effects on my tank in a months time

Arclaveus' Online Album

Club Santa Fe Singapore

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Thanks simon, much as i expected.
    However, it would be nice to have a way to guarantee minimum algae using a certain system. I am still fighting a losing battle but beginning to understand the process and balance.

Robin
    i always fighting algae but still got more

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Substitution for S7 and TR7

Hi all,

Any1 has any good substitution for S7 and TR7?

TR7 - peat bark extract

I'm using A1, Gold-7, E15 and V30. Just don't feel good missing out on the above 2, but too painful on the pocket to include them. Just wondering if any has a good suggestion for substitutions.

Maybe TR7 with some Black Water solution , and S7 with some other trace elements and vitamins of other brand.

The other thing is i've read about cardinal attacking shrimps, is it true? Any1 encounter that? I also have 3 rams (pics attached) in my 4 feet tank, will they attack shrimps? i was thinking of keeping some common shrimps like CRS, Cherrys, and some others.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by wongteeliang; 30th May 2005 at 22:03. Reason: mistake

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    [QUOTE=wongteeliang]Hi all,

Any1 has any good substitution for S7 and TR7?

TR7 - peat bark extract

I'm using A1, Gold-7, E15 and V30. Just don't feel good missing out on the above 2, but too painful on the pocket to include them. Just wondering if any has a good suggestion for substitutions.

Maybe TR7 with some Black Water solution , and S7 with some other trace elements and vitamins of other brand.

----------
    s7 is really good[esp for fish, makes them really go for the food] and dennerle's secret is the gold plantzen[not so secret]
    for those with deep pockets.
    it's a great system. i can't really afford to go all dennerle.

got the sample pack and [7 in one i think]
    the e15 and v30 gone very quickly and the gold plantzen even quicker. last about 3 months for a 125 litre tank.
    been using system for 6months and it's worth every penny. [need a shrink to tell me its not]

blyxas, riccia, lotus and stem plants grow like crazy.

tr7 black water is blackwater that doesn't make the water black. benefit is if you have fishes[eg arowana, discus, cardinals] that like blackwater conditions but don't wanna compensate with more lights for light needy plants.[that you wanna keep/are keeping]
    so no big deal if you plant person.[ ]

mixing florena-sera, hagen and azoo red plant keeps everything happy [incl wallet]

hope you find peace and resist the temptation to be a branded person[brand victim] from a former victim as there are just as good for less products in uglier packaging...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Australia
    when u change water how much fert do u add in? or u just don't care and continue with the normal regime?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by ah^siao
    when u change water how much fert do u add in? or u just don't care and continue with the normal regime?

Actually i'm following the dosage as per instruction leaflet.

PFG7- weekly 5 capsules (1 cap/ 40l)
    V30 - once every 4 weeks with water change
    E15 - 5 tablets once every 4 weeks with water change
    A1 - 10 drops daily.
    ie. E15 and V30 alternating 2 weekly.

change water once every 2 weeks 30-40%. (250l tank)
    Last edited by wongteeliang; 31st May 2005 at 12:49. Reason: mistake and more details

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by ah^siao
    change according to instruction. important as dennerle is not like other product. You only replace the amount corresponding to the amount of water you replaced. [unlike other products where you dose as a full tank]

important to note is you dose a tiny bit more if you got heavy planting+ [great conditions=lots of light and lots of co2]

always check your fe after dosing if unsure.[i did so the first few months, now it's all in the notes and don't really need to unless there is crisis-eg co2 malfuntion undetected]

i cycle three other products as i don't believe one brand can cater to all the needs of the plants. there's always a chance you are putting in more than required. [imo less is better than more]

at the end of the day, all other requirements the same, you can tell when you put which product the plants really thrive. for me the plantzen gold really makes the diff. i dose one to two capsules p/wk for my 150 and 300 liter tank.

so 1st of month dennerle v30, skip two weeks dennerle e15, 21st of month sera florena tablet/haagen plant + azoo red plant[full dose], 30% water change everytime.

seems to work as i get monster size lotus leaves[8-9" leaves] and crazy blyxa japonica growth. doubles in number every month. my aubertii are 20+ inches tall.

using some light grey river gravel with dennerle soil.

it's a science, hard makes it worthwhile but if it gets too tricky the fun is lost.[not to mention wallet thin]

some dennerle salesman said it is more economical to use dennerle because of the dose only the water you replaced req. i calculated and think it is untrue. esp if you change more than 30% water. which i do because of messy discus.

stan

Well I have emailed the germany side, and they say that to always only dose 25% of your total tank volume irrespective of water change. Which means in a 240 litre aquarium and just say you do a 50% water change once a fortnight, you only have to dose the Dennerle ferts as though you did a 25% water change and not the whole 50%. Fertilisation is irrespective of the amount of water changed. You always only dose 25% of your total tank volume. I've followed this and the result has continued to be great. So I feel in this sense it is very economical. I've been using Dennerle for a long time already and it has been giving me great results

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive
    Well I have emailed the germany side, and they say that to always only dose 25% of your total tank volume irrespective of water change. Which means in a 240 litre aquarium and just say you do a 50% water change once a fortnight, you only have to dose the Dennerle ferts as though you did a 25% water change and not the whole 50%. Fertilisation is irrespective of the amount of water changed. You always only dose 25% of your total tank volume. I've followed this and the result has continued to be great. So I feel in this sense it is very economical. I've been using Dennerle for a long time already and it has been giving me great results

E15 and V30- suppose to dose according to amount of water changed

A1 - suppose to dose daily full volume, instr 4 drops/100L(my case 10 drops)

PFG7 - suppose to dose weekly full volume, instr 1 capsule/40L (my case 4 capsule as 5 gives cloudy water).

So are you saying to dose 25% of volume of tank for everything mentioned above? I don't understand.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast