Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: How much is an EHEIM 2227?

Feedback Score

How much is an EHEIM 2227?

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Guys, abt the above,how much and where 2 get the cheapest?

Southern tip of S.E.A and possibly blowing bubbles underwater
    Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    give a call to either Qianhu or Ben at petmart.. should be ard the region of 280-350...[]
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 4/11/2002 10:24:02 PM

give a call to either Qianhu or Ben at petmart.. should be ard the region of 280-350...[]
    ----------------
    if you call QH you will either die of laughing or die of heart attack
    why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.
    hexazona · crumenatum · Galleria Botanica

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Qian hu 2227 i last saw was 550 if i remembered correctly.
    Cheers!

Benetay

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    hahaha.. it is true.. they probably jack up the price by 20%.. hahaha.. perhaps akoh can help u out on this.. hehehe[]
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 4/11/2002 11:11:38 PM

hahaha.. it is true.. they probably jack up the price by 20%.. hahaha.. perhaps akoh can help u out on this.. hehehe[]
    ----------------
    Kel, I think you meant 200%
    why I don't do garden hybrids and aquarium strains: natural species is a history of Nature, while hybrids are just the whims of Man.
    hexazona · crumenatum · Galleria Botanica

Feedback Score
    If it is true that they markup 200% or even 20% should we throw our money?Anyway,I've checked with Ben at Petmart and a 2227 cost $250.I have a 4ft marine tank with a overhead filter.So far i've never achieved "crytal clear" quality.The sad part is that my tank cannot be modified for an overflow system since it has been setup.A 2227 sounds ex but i know its worth it.U guys think will my aquarium water be "crystal clear" if I were to use Attman highest range or Prime 30 and only EHFISUBSTRAT for the media and stop using the overhead filter?Please help.
    Thanx alot

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Anyway,I've checked with Ben at Petmart and a 2227 cost $250.I have a 4ft marine tank with a overhead filter.So far i've never achieved "crytal clear" quality.The sad part is that my tank cannot be modified for an overflow system since it has been setup.A 2227 sounds ex but i know its worth it.U guys think will my aquarium water be "crystal clear" if I were to use Attman highest range or Prime 30 and only EHFISUBSTRAT for the media and stop using the overhead filter?Please help.
    Thanx alot
    ----------------
    [/quote]
    crystal clear? add charcoal??? i used that for my tank.. do not dump the overhead filter immediately.. u need to mature the filter media inside..... from what i know.. some fella had been successful using a normal canister filter... the difference is just that 2227 have a wet/dry area to create the nitrosomonas and nitrobacter bacteria.. the 'dry' part will provide the oxygen for the bacteria to break down the waste... at the end of the day.. just remember this.. the filter is the heart and kidney of the system.. as it cleans the water for u...[]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hmmm $250 for a 2227 isn't too expensive... Might consider getting one for my marine tank..
    "For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for nature cannot be fooled" - Richard Feynman, 1986. Rogers commission into the Challenger disaster

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    Superb quality protein skimmer(such as venturi skimmer) is also vital in marine tank, please do not over-emphazied the use of canister filter.(no offence )
    Aquatic plants and LEGO collector.

Feedback Score
    Abt pro skimmers,I recently say a "chiong" skimmer powerhead type selling ard $39 at Serangoon North Ave 1 "Taiwan shop".U think gd or not?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 4/13/2002 10:19:54 AM

Superb quality protein skimmer(such as venturi skimmer) is also vital in marine tank, please do not over-emphazied the use of canister filter.(no offence )
    ----------------
    had you personally used a 2227/2229 before?

it is not quite your ordinary eheim

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    it is not quite your ordinary eheim
    ----------------
    true... but u need a protein skimmer for marine..

Abt pro skimmers,I recently say a "chiong" skimmer powerhead type selling ard $39 at Serangoon North Ave 1 "Taiwan shop".U think gd or not?

u mean marco skimmer.. it uses powerhead to draw the water into the skimmer.. acting something like a cyclone..
    [] similar to the sea storm cyclone skimmer unit... if based on that.. some users here give the reviews that it is not very good...[]

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Malaysia
    In some Berlin marine system, it only require huge protein skimmer and live rock to create a biological filtration system.

IMO, wet/dry filter with sump tank plus a protein skimmer(not air driven) would be a better choice because it is more versatile than 2227/9. In addition, it is cheaper in the long run.
    Aquatic plants and LEGO collector.

Feedback Score
    thanx guys for the advise.Currently DIYing an overflow system to complement my overhead filter for my 4ft marine tank.