Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Need ID on pleco, seen at Petmart...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore

Need ID on pleco, seen at Petmart...

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    hi, seen this pleco in petmart last week but can't find it in scotcat.com.

a picture of it is on the cover of Loricariidae all L-Numbers (Aqualog Reference Books).

something like brown with orange spots and orange-edges on fins.

can someone help? tks!
    P-L-E-C-O-R-Y=M-A-N-I-A!!! YEAH!
    FLORENCE, capital of the region of Tuscany, has a population of around half a million inhabitants, spreads on the banks of the Arno, between the Adriatic and the Tyrrhenian seas, almost in the middle of the Italian peninsula. It is a city which bustles with industry and craft, commerce and culture, art and science.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 4/14/2002 9:38:04 AM

hi, seen this pleco in petmart last week but can't find it in scotcat.com.

a picture of it is on the cover of Loricariidae all L-Numbers (Aqualog Reference Books).

something like brown with orange spots and orange-edges on fins.

can someone help? tks!
    ----------------
    Hi Coryfav ! L14a ! and it has a nice name too ! Goldy or sunshine Pleco !. Place of origin is Brazil but understand they're successfully bred in Taiwan hence they're not so x as compare when it was first introduced in the " Market ".

It's one of my personal favourite ( I have 6 pcs ) !. Hitman ( one of my Plecory brother ) has a 12" fellow that he submitted for last year Aquarama competition but unfortunately it did not " attract the judges eye ". Man ! u should see this fellow he's awesome ! ! ! [:0]

L14a are Omni ( I think ! ), they luv blood worms, Hikari Algae Wafer ! and cucumber !. Let me know if u need further info ! Cheers []

Safe Diving !
    Akoh
    Safe Diving !
    Seeking for the Ultimate Diving Adventure !
    - Sipadan, Similan Islands, Burma Banks, Palau, PNG, Raja Empat ( planning for June 08 )

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    akoh, thanks very much for the info!

12"??? wah!!! those i saw at petmart's were probably only about 2". hope it doesn't grow very fast![:0]

with my L200 in my 3ft tank shouldn't be a problem, right? maybe later when it gets "too big", someone from here will get a free pleco! if i can catch it then...[]

hmm, this is going to be another probability.
    FLORENCE, capital of the region of Tuscany, has a population of around half a million inhabitants, spreads on the banks of the Arno, between the Adriatic and the Tyrrhenian seas, almost in the middle of the Italian peninsula. It is a city which bustles with industry and craft, commerce and culture, art and science.

Feedback Score
    coryfav, how much is that L14?
    To each her own fish !
    petfrd

Feedback Score
    allen, a qtn.

i think i have seen L14 at C328 some time back. but the dosal fins r having the very large patch of orange but an adult's fin should be having only a 'line' of orange like L177 right?? but the belly (underside) of the pleco is slightly orange. so is this a definite indication of L14?

must say its a very pretty fish and its true they r omni too like L46, L200 etc.

btw any lobang for L46?? im thking (and hoping) to get my hands on them in the future. is there a season to get them ??
    To each her own fish !
    petfrd

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 4/15/2002 9:38:26 AM

12"??? wah!!! those i saw at petmart's were probably only about 2". hope it doesn't grow very fast![:0]

with my L200 in my 3ft tank shouldn't be a problem, right? maybe later when it gets "too big", someone from here will get a free pleco! if i can catch it then...[]

----------------
    Coryfav ! no cause for alarm lah ! it take a while in fact a long while to grow to that kind of size ! [] . If any of ur plecos out grown ur tank ! I'll be there to help u ! [] ,

Safe Diving !
    Akoh
    Safe Diving !
    - Sipadan, Similan Islands, Burma Banks, Palau, PNG, Raja Empat ( planning for June 08 )

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 4/15/2002 12:49:56 PM

i think i have seen L14 at C328 some time back. but the dosal fins r having the very large patch of orange but an adult's fin should be having only a 'line' of orange like L177 right?? but the belly (underside) of the pleco is slightly orange. so is this a definite indication of L14?

btw any lobang for L46?? im thking (and hoping) to get my hands on them in the future. is there a season to get them ??
    ----------------
    Rain ! both the adult and juvenile L14a has a distinct orange colour on its entire body ( including the belly ) apart from the white spots. It's very much different from the gold nugget species that u have mentioned. FYI there is another species that look exactly like the L14a, L253 !,it has a light shade of brown on it's entire body but the the white spots are all over it's body, unlike the L14a which is only on certain part of its body BUT this fellow is very X !.
    June / July should be the season for L46 !, I'll let u know if have news, Cheers []

Safe Diving !
    Akoh
    Safe Diving !

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    thanks, allen! now i know why i couldn't find L14 in scotcat.com. it's cos the picture there is an adult, while what i saw in petmart was a youngster! indeed, planetcatfish mentioned that as they grow older, there'll be more spots and less orange...[:]

rain, thanks for info on L046 too! opps, i didn't ask the price of L14 from petmart, cos it's a high-tension saturday afternoon when i saw them. very crowded and staff very tensed up! got the shivers and left very quickly.[]

know something? everytime i see a nice pleco at a lfs, came back to find out more, then it'll be gone by the time i'm ready!!![:0] hmm, nevermind, be patient and start hunting around again, slow and steady!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 4/15/2002 1:46:36 PM

opps, i didn't ask the price of L14 from petmart, cos it's a high-tension saturday afternoon when i saw them. very crowded and staff very tensed up! got the shivers and left very quickly.[]

know something? everytime i see a nice pleco at a lfs, came back to find out more, then it'll be gone by the time i'm ready!!![:0] hmm, nevermind, be patient and start hunting around again, slow and steady!
    ----------------
    Coryfav! saw some L14 at Qian Hu, think Price should be below 30 bucks , check it out ! Cheer !

Safe Diving !
    Akoh
    Safe Diving !

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    thanks, allen!

hmm...

[] good day!