Images
    Country
    Singapore

3rd tank

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi. The third tank is a 18”x10”x12” tank that currently houses a school of about 10 dwarf rasboras and some algae eating shrimps (Yamato and Malayan) and snails. The tank is heavily planted with Java Moss, Java Fern and Hygrophilla species and is being filtered by an overhanging filter with some java moss growing on the filter medium. There is no CO2 introduction but the plants grow like it's the perfect place for plants. I wonder if smaller tanks are better or is it that the tank is in a room that is air-conditioned 50% of the time.

The rasboras had spawned in the tank as I spotted 1 tiny rasbora once. The rasboras, however, are very shy and would not swim out of the plant cover. I would love to see them swim about instead of always hiding. Are there any fish I can introduce as tank mates that will make them less shy but not eat them?

Also, what do you guys think about the chances of the shrimps’ spawn actually grow to become an adult in our aquariums? I had not added any new shrimps to the tank but I saw a couple of small shrimps recently and I am not sure of it was an old addition stuck to that size or a new addition (baby).

I would like to introduce the very expensive red-crystal shrimps. Do you guys think they are very sensitive?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Search the forum for CRS or crystal red shrimp, there are posts on them.

You can add other less shy schooling fishes. Since you have cold water, try the Zebra danios or other danios. These fishes are not very shy and are mainly surface swimmers, so should compliment the mid-water rasboras nicely.
    Vincent - AQ is for everyone, but not for 'u' and 'mi'.
    Why use punctuation? See what a difference it makes:
    A woman, without her man, is nothing.
    A woman: without her, man is nothing.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I would suggest dedicated shrimp tanks for the more expensive species. You can easily do a small set up for that. Otherwise, there's a high chance that baby shrimps just becomes fish food.

Cheers,
    I have dwarf cichlids in my tanks! Do you?