Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Haha... Then some smart aleck government body say small plastic parts are harmful and can cause death by choking and ban them... Haha... Oops, better stick to topic...

Oh, think I heard from some LFS that they are intending to ban the red ear slider too...
    Read me! :bigsmile: http://justikanz.blogspot.com/

I'm crypt collecting... Starting cheap, now have Cryptocoryne beckettii, C.beckettii var petchii, C.crispatula var.balansae, C.griffithii(Melted! ), C.nurii, C.parva, C.pygmaea(Melted! ), C.tonkinensis(Melted! ), C.walkeri, C.wendtii 'Brown', C.wendtii 'Green', C.wendtii 'Green Gecko', C.wendtii 'Tropica' and Cryptocoryne x willisii

Oh, juggling is hard work, man!...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Well, most toys do have a safety rating to tell parents that they're not meant for small children below a certain age. Almost everything has a safety seal for the items that have cleared testing. Just like how our filters and lights are certified safe, when they have the testing sticker by our own government body like PSB.

As for the red-eared sliders, I'd definitely want to see them banned for sale. Too many kids buy them without actually taking care of them. I wonder how many hundreds or thousands of innocent baby sliders are killed by neglect or pure malice.
    Fish.. Simply Irresistable
    Back to Killies... slowly.

Feedback Score
    -1 (0%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    are japanese fire belly newts or chinses fire belly newt more attractive to you guys?

saw some chinese fire belley newts but they are too small compared to the japs.

mandarin are the nicest though

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Chinese... Cuter...

Mandarin? Got pic?

But seeing that I like the paddletails, which look similar to the Japanese... Think I'll find them both attractive...

I'm crypt collecting... Starting cheap, now have Cryptocoryne beckettii, C.beckettii var petchii, C.crispatula var.balansae, C.griffithii(Melted! ), C.nurii, C.parva, C.pygmaea(Melted! ), C.tonkinensis(Melted! ), C.walkeri, C.wendtii 'Brown', C.wendtii 'Green', C.wendtii 'Green Gecko', C.wendtii 'Tropica' and Cryptocoryne x willisii

Feedback Score
    -1 (0%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Justikanz
    Chinese... Cuter...

Mandarin? Got pic?

But seeing that I like the paddletails, which look similar to the Japanese... Think I'll find them both attractive...

mandarin
    http://www.aqualandpetsplus.com/Amph...20Mandarin.htm

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hey! Those Mandarins look SO good... Got colours! Wow... If only we can get them here... Thanks for the link, zhiz22...

Feedback Score
    -1 (0%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hey! Those Mandarins look SO good... Got colours! Wow... If only we can get them here... Thanks for the link, zhiz22...
    if you are lucky you may come by them

Feedback Score
    -1 (0%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I just tried to use sinking pellet for my japanese FB newt

Surprisingly he went for it, and has consumed about 3-4 pieces already. They are small cylilndrical ones. Quite smelly type of pellet so probably very high protein food

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    My paddletails also go for pellets... They eat Hikari Crab Cruisine and will also try to eat the root monster fert pieces that they dug loose... Of course they spat those out...

I might be giving up on those paddletails soon... I will sure miss them...

Feedback Score
    -1 (0%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    My paddletails also go for pellets... They eat Hikari Crab Cruisine and will also try to eat the root monster fert pieces that they dug loose... Of course they spat those out...

I might be giving up on those paddletails soon... I will sure miss them...

oh thats a pity. hope you can find good homes for them.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    My paddletail... Not a firebelly, even though it has one...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Heya, how're my luke and ling doing?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    They are befriending the other 3... Do you hand feed them?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    They are out of chopsticks... but yeah, they're used to me feeding them. Hikari frozen bloodworms mostly. the occasional bug.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    No wonder... Cos when I opened the tank lid and want to place the brine shrimp in the water, one of them actually tried to eat from my finger... My other newts would be like, *bo chap*...

Anyway, dunno who is this out of the 5...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    my little hand fed babies!
    That reminds me, i've got a whole shitload of frozen bloodworms. Want some? like 5 packets...

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Japan
    those round things that colour up at the side of the mandarin newt are actually noxious sacs. When a predator bites into the newt.. a mechanism at the back of the sac burst it against the closing jaws of the predator and release the bad tasting and noxious chemicals.. thus the predator hopefully releases it. dont go bursting them if you have one.. they dont use it unless they have to...its not that good for them either..but if they have to use it to survive..they will.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Justin, dun think most of us will ever get our hands on the mandarins in Singapore.

Shannon, would they survive travelling 40km? You can use it to feed your other fish?

Feedback Score
    -1 (0%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    The flesh on the bottom lip of my newt seems to be injured, like being eaten away. No other fish in the same tank other than a cory. Just did water change. Any other advise?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Ask a vet? Keep the water clean and observe...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast