Singapore
    Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Heh heh... Took more pics...

Cute, right? Can see the 'fingers'... Bigsmile:

This one looks a little pissed...

This one's must be wondering what I was doing... Keke...

See what see?

Wonder why some of my female friends scream when they see them... They are SOooooo cute... Heh heh...
    Read me! :bigsmile: http://justikanz.blogspot.com/

I'm crypt collecting... Starting cheap, now have Cryptocoryne beckettii, C.beckettii var petchii, C.crispatula var.balansae, C.griffithii(Melted! ), C.nurii, C.parva, C.pygmaea(Melted! ), C.tonkinensis(Melted! ), C.walkeri, C.wendtii 'Brown', C.wendtii 'Green', C.wendtii 'Green Gecko', C.wendtii 'Tropica' and Cryptocoryne x willisii

Oh, juggling is hard work, man!...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    do my two babies still eat from your hand? haha, kinda miss them. But it's good that someone's taking care of them

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Yes... They will try to bite my hand when it is feeding time... They will be the ones that will actually look out of the water and aim for my finger! Cute!

I'm crypt collecting... Starting cheap, now have Cryptocoryne beckettii, C.beckettii var petchii, C.crispatula var.balansae, C.griffithii(Melted! ), C.nurii, C.parva, C.pygmaea(Melted! ), C.tonkinensis(Melted! ), C.walkeri, C.wendtii 'Brown', C.wendtii 'Green', C.wendtii 'Green Gecko', C.wendtii 'Tropica' and Cryptocoryne x willisii

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Haha, I get the feeling they're fatter than yours too.... Haha. Well at least they're having fun.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Only 1 fella is fatter than my original other 3... One is a tad small... Ling?

Anyway, I cannot differenciate any one of them... Except during feeding times when yours would be more actively hunting my finger!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi guys any sighting of fire belly newts in the lfs recently, I find paddle tails too agressive

Feedback Score
    -1 (0%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    i saw some but in that tank, one was upside down, the other had one limb gone with fungus.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Ask thomas to breed his(gotta stop refering to them as mine =p) Think they start getting it on once the temp goes below 20 or something... That and the fat one would be luke, ling's older, smaller and she seems to be more grey than black.

Interesting thing about newts, they can actually regenerate lost limbs.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Below 20C? That's almost not possible... Think I'll be happy they live happy lifes with me... If they do breed, then it would just be something extra.

That, and it seems you might have gotten it opposite (or maybe I'd gotten it opposite). Read somewhere that females are bigger and fatter... Anyone can confirm? Too tired and lazy to check for info these days...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    well the little one's ling no idea if it's female .

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    here's a link to sexing newts:
    http://www.caudata.org/cc/articles/sexing.shtml

Feedback Score
    -1 (0%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    mouth more rotten but no fungal
    any med i can use?

salt?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Oh dear... I really have no idea... Have you tried searching the net? There is a Newt and Salamander forum... Let me check tonight using my laptop and post the URL. You can post there for help...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Try this forum... I had not had the time to read thoroughly but they seem quite good...

http://www.caudata.org/

Feedback Score
    -1 (0%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    realised mym newt isnt shedding
    hasnt shed since i got it

Feedback Score
    -1 (0%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    update of my newt

the lower jaw had an ulcer and its quite bad but it has stopped since. testing various med such as applying yellow powder, PP, methylene blue to wound.

Also testing methyelen blue, yellow powder in water.

There are small fluffy stuff growing on its body but it is shedding adequately to overcome that. it not those cottonly fungus but like little plantlets/mushroom growth on the body.

pic of lester

Last edited by benny; 30th Jan 2006 at 00:08. Reason: Update gallery link

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hmm... I'd suggest distilled water for water changes. In cases like this i believe it's best to reduce stress as much as possible and let Lesters' own immune system handle the problem.

Try to stick to 1 form of medication, keep the dosage constant and continue untill a week after the last signs have disappeared. Meth blue seems to be the safest option. Newts are very similar to frogs except they can regenerate severed limbs(really! a whole arm!) so anything too toxic might cause increased levels of stress and a loss of appetite. So for now... fatten him up. Good luck, I know how attached you can get to these little critters

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    A not so good news for the 6th day of CNY... One of my newts died...

The tank water had started to become cloudy 3 days ago for no specific reason that I can think of, except for crypt melt...

I changed almost 50% of water for the first and second day. All seems well. Forgot to change water last night. Came back late tonight and saw 1 fella floating...

Immediately did an almost 100% water change...

I hope the remaining 4 are ok. NO idea which died...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456