Advertisements
Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: My recon battery cant be detected !!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore

My recon battery cant be detected !!

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Help !

Just recon my notebook battery becos the support for my brand of notebook sucks !!

However, my notebook cant detect the recon battery. The battery technician say i must reinstall my XP and the system wl pick it up. Unfortunately hv done tht but still no joy.

Anybody have a solution for me pls?

Thanks

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I think they did a bad job with the battery. I know there are shops in Sim Lim that sells third party battery, even for obsolete note book models. You can bring your set there and try. If it works, you pay.

Good luck!

Cheers,
    I have dwarf cichlids in my tanks! Do you?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Apollo, were you the one that I recommended the shop to?

Oopss... last time that guy did a good job for my friend's notebook. He is quite a nice guy... try asking him to troubleshoot for you again. I suspect it might have something to do with the battery controller.

BC

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    hi bclee

yes he is the guy.. send to him already.

told me he chk the batt with other notebook and its ok.

its his suggestion tht i reload a fresh XP which i hv already done.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I think you can go and tell him that it is still not working and see what else can be done... maybe the batt contacts on the notebook side, etc.

BC

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    No.. he told me that already dismanted it and found the batteries to be in gd order.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    he's trying to pull a fast one. since he got another notebook. do an test to verify

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    i doubt he will...i wl gv him the benefit of doubt.

when he meant he tested with other notebook.. he is using modified connectors to rig them up. moreover her also consulted his fellow repair guys within the alley and was told tht my particular brand is like tht.

maybe i shud ring his contact up and get it sorted?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by apollo
    i doubt he will...i wl gv him the benefit of doubt.

when he meant he tested with other notebook.. he is using modified connectors to rig them up. moreover her also consulted his fellow repair guys within the alley and was told tht my particular brand is like tht.

maybe i shud ring his contact up and get it sorted?
    There is a electronic board in the battery assembly that controls the charging of the battery and to pass information of the battery (e.g. battery life) to the PC.

When he hook it to another notebook, did he connect it via the external connectors of the battery pack or he bypass the electronic inside the battery pack?

It looks like the rechargeable cells are ok. It could be a fault with the electronics in the battery. Some controllers in the battery pack need to be reset when you change the cells.

Another possibility is the connectors or even the PCB on the PC side is corroded. This can happen when you leave a charged battery unused while connected in the battery compartment. This sometimes can cause corrosion due to the electropotential accross the battery terminals. (That's one of the reasons why most electronics require you to remove the battery while not in use.)

I hope that you can find someone who can help you resolve this problem.

BC

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Thks guy

Not vry sure how he did it. But already spoken to him and he wl help me solve the prob together with his fellow repair guys there.

Overall i am please with his response. Vry helpful! Been busy setting up my marine tank. Yet to find time to bring my notebook down. Lucky i hv a old PII pc to keep me company ! Really wonder how am i goin to live w/o INTERNET !!??