Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    yeah thats a nice thickness.

i am a little concerned abt your tank size when your pacus grow up, but no one can tell for sure.

i normally choose cheap powerheads for this purpose because they do nothign but blow water.
    i find that those from the "Otto" brand series offer quite some powerful models at a cheap price.

But if is it for filtration, i will definitely take eheim as my first and only choice.

Southern tip of S.E.A and possibly blowing bubbles underwater
    Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    dribee, i saw flying fox algae eaters at $1 each yesterday(30/12) at Lor Harlus. but i think better not get them first until your pakus are too big to catch them.
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ok dudes,
    Happie New Year to all. Back to the original topic. I bought a 50w pump head with an adjustable up/down left/right nozzle with a flow rate of 3200l/hr for my 6 feet tank to create a current for my pacu fishes. It's pretty strong but not overpowered as I only intend to have it on a few hours a day to mimick the 'hunting' and 'resting' grounds in their natural habitat. also, 50w is quite an electricity sucker.
    There are so many ways to position the pump and nozzle to provide good flow direction, I'm totally perplexed on deciding what are some of the better configuarations.
    Anyone has any experience or good suggestions?
    I sure would like to hear from you.
    Cheers!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi dribee! if your 6' is a bare tank, try positioning the powerhead 1/2 to 3/4 tank height coz' it minimise the splashing and noises produced, also try placing a big and nice piece of drift wood in front of the powerhead to cut or detour the current, I did that in my Loricariidea tank and they seem to like it ! , check it out ! Cheers []

Akoh
    Safe Diving !
    Safe Diving !
    Seeking for the Ultimate Diving Adventure !
    - Sipadan, Similan Islands, Burma Banks, Palau, PNG, Raja Empat ( planning for June 08 )

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    akoh, thanks for the advice.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    i will place it 3/4 up the tank
    point the nozzle towards the surface.

that configuration had worked for me,
    but i on 24hrs a day.

having the powerful powerhead too low down creates too much bouncing of currents off the tank walls and create a little too much water movement.

Depends on the extent, the efficiency of the filtration may even be affected

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12