Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Quote Originally Posted by vitorhugof
    I dont think i need to suport the midle of the structure because have many steel inside of the concret,
    no wonder can support... it is an reinforced concrete slab!!! cool... where do you get it from? or you did it urself?
    ~ Vincent ~ Fishes calm your mind...
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/valice/

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Victor, understand your concept of the tank being longer than the stand.

Btw, just interested to find out... what type of mosses are available in Portugal? I wonder if we can get those that cannot be found here from your side...

Quote Originally Posted by XnSdVd
    Tsk tsk... thomas... trying to sound old wise learned eh? You realise you're only 30 right? -poke-
    Psst... No longer 30...
    Read me! :bigsmile: http://justikanz.blogspot.com/

I'm crypt collecting... Starting cheap, now have Cryptocoryne beckettii, C.beckettii var petchii, C.crispatula var.balansae, C.griffithii(Melted! ), C.nurii, C.parva, C.pygmaea(Melted! ), C.tonkinensis(Melted! ), C.walkeri, C.wendtii 'Brown', C.wendtii 'Green', C.wendtii 'Green Gecko', C.wendtii 'Tropica' and Cryptocoryne x willisii

Oh, juggling is hard work, man!...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Portugal
    Hello all.
    Like i say, today i buy the Pressed Poliestiren, for put under the glass (it prevents that the glass if breaks) my son want to apear in the picture:

With a hot knife i cut at the same measure of the glass and doo the hole were the water goes off:

I start to glue the back glass (how big he are)
    Doo not takes this as an example, therefore I must have used gloves:

Because the paludarim will be mutch larger, today i just glue the back glass, like this tomorrow i have a suport to glue the two side glasses.
    Here you can see how it is at te moment:

Now the questions:

no wonder can support... it is an reinforced concrete slab!!! cool... where do you get it from? or you did it urself?
    Valice:
    Yes, i doo by my self, its easy: 50% sand...50% cement, water and mixing all.
    Then you doo a form in wood with the measure you want and punt the final product inside ith some steel. Just whait to dry...The real problem is to put the slab were you want...Its very heavy.

Btw, just interested to find out... what type of mosses are available in Portugal? I wonder if we can get those that cannot be found here from your side...
    Justikanz:
    Are you talking about immersed or to put out side the water?
    Thank You

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Immersed ones? We have Taiwan, Christmas, Java, Singapore, Erect, Weeping and Willow mosses here for scaping and recently, fissidens seem to be the rage... Just only a couple of years ago, there was only Java moss, now got so many different types of mosses... So, was wondering if there are other mosses...

Anyway, you are going to use moss for growing outside the water for this paludarium?

I'm crypt collecting... Starting cheap, now have Cryptocoryne beckettii, C.beckettii var petchii, C.crispatula var.balansae, C.griffithii(Melted! ), C.nurii, C.parva, C.pygmaea(Melted! ), C.tonkinensis(Melted! ), C.walkeri, C.wendtii 'Brown', C.wendtii 'Green', C.wendtii 'Green Gecko', C.wendtii 'Tropica' and Cryptocoryne x willisii

Feedback Score
    Country
    Portugal

Hello

Hello.

Immersed ones? We have Taiwan, Christmas, Java, Singapore, Erect, Weeping and Willow mosses here for scaping and recently, fissidens seem to be the rage... Just only a couple of years ago, there was only Java moss, now got so many different types of mosses... So, was wondering if there are other mosses...
    Justikanz:
    Here in Portugal there is only Java moss.
    Im the only (on-line or street) one store who salle another mosses.
    I have an aquatic plant on-line store (I dont teel the name..i dont now if i can say), and i salle : Vesicularia dubyana; (X-mas moss) Vesicularia montagne; Fissiden sp.; (Erect Moss - Vesicularia reticulata); Mini moss; Musgo de Taiwan; Spiky moss; Willow Moss Fontinalis antipyretica, and i have a few more as my personal collection.
    Anyway, you are going to use moss for growing outside the water for this paludarium?
    Justikanz:
    I im think to use in my paludarium some of these mosses, because will have many wooden trunks i will put in each wooden trunks a type of moss.
    Thank You

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Ahh... so you own a store? cool! always wanted to do that...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Country
    Singapore
    Great effort. <thumbs up>

Cheers
    JC

Feedback Score
    Country
    Portugal

Hello.

Hello.
    I am with some doubt about substract that i will go put in the paludarium. I im to think use the following elements of low for top: expanded clay; laterita; granulated NPK; vegetal land mixture humus and rind of pine.

I am to think to plant many especies of the aquatic plants that they require very nutrient and I prefer to have all the nutrients in substract, for not stay all the time fertilizing.
    But when i tell that to a friend mine he said me that nao would go to be good for the animals, therefore it would go intoxicat, mainly Dandrobates one time they absorb everything for the skin.
    Its truth that I run risks when making this? Which are the species of animals that not wiil be afectad?
    Wich alternativ I have?
    Thank You

Feedback Score
    Country
    Portugal

Hello.

Hello all.
    The advances:

Here you can see how its look the glass on the top of the Pressed Poliestiren and the wood:

Here im put some silicone to glue the side glass:

A final view about all the glasses (whos that guy??):

Here this a structure that I mounted, to make a declivity, this goes to be filled with expanded clay and polyethylene foam. For top it goes to take a plastic net that goes to isolate the soil from the rest:

A side view:

Tomorrow the work will go one.
    Thank You

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    First off, i just realised how huge the tank is... how old's your son? Secondly, nice idea with the styrofoam(that's what we call it over there)! i've never seen that being done before
    That and I noticed a small tank in the corner, storing your plants there till the big one's finished?

oh yes, substract is actually called substrate. And i think you meant tomorrow the work will go "on" one is how you spell "1"

Feedback Score
    Country
    Portugal

Hello

Hello again.

i just realised how huge the tank is... how old's your son
    XnSdVd:
    My son have 8 years.

That and I noticed a small tank in the corner, storing your plants there till the big one's finished?
    XnSdVd:
    No...in the corner is my Red Cherry tank...
    If you see a earlier post you can see i have an on-line aquatic plant store, so i have tons of plants.
    Thank You

Feedback Score
    Country
    Portugal
    Hello.
    Any body know something about my idea tu use laterit and NPK soil'?
    Will be toxic for dandrobates??
    Thank You

Feedback Score
    Country
    South Africa
    Hello.

I love this setup, any updates yet? Amazing stuff, well done!

Feedback Score
    Country
    Portugal

Update

Hello.
    Here how the work goes:

I start the water system with two eheim pums:

This is the place were the sump will be, there is 2 pumps (the left one for the pipe system is eheim compact 1002 and the pump on the right side for the cascade is a eheim 1250.)

Here the up part of the same system:

As you can see there is a pipe system on the left side.

Here is a box that i doo with plastic net, to prevent clogging the overflow:

One up view:

Here is the first two coco pannels:

The system i used to glue the coco pannels:

Thank you all.
    Thank You

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Sorry, what are those white stuff?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    those white stuff are foam spray aka great stuff in States and maybe in euro countries... u can get them easily at local hardware stores at $12-$14 per can... its very good for making backgrounds or dividers

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Oh... Aquarium safe? I assume they harden upon drying and mosses can be planted on them... Interesting... Thanks... Learn something new...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Portugal
    Hello.
    Here is the advances:
    Thank You

Feedback Score
    Country
    Portugal
    Hello.
    Its near the time for i puct the soil.
    Can you help me?
    Thank You

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Sorry, not able to help leh... Calling Wild Ginger... Fei Miao?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast