Country
    Portugal

All start like this...(D.I.Y.)

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hello.
    I am to start to make mine paludarium, and go to all announce in this forum the development across the time, so that they can be along with all the assembly process.
    This was paludarium where I was felt inspired, and anger to be paludarium that I will take for example.---»FOTO 1
    The second photo is representative of the place where I go to start to mount everything.---»FOTO 2
    Photos 3 and 4 are of the beginning of the structure in bricks and concret.(I Used a tool of nivel to be all extremely lined up)---»FOTO 3 and 4
    Tomorrow i will post new foto´s about the finish of he structure (to finish to execute the from above part and glue tiles)
    In the truth I place this announce, because necessary of the your aid in everything, or either: aid in project; all the type of ideias, liked that they spoke as if paludarium was yours. The measures that paludarium goes to have are: height-110 cms width-90 cms depth-60 cms.
    I am thankful all and forgive my bad English.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by vitorhugof; 24th Jul 2005 at 22:50. Reason: error when introducing the photos

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Firstly A big welcome to you vitorhugof. Looking forward top seeing your pictures and thanks for sharing .... no problems about the english

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Vitorhugof, hope to see developements on your building of the paludarium setup and don't hesitate to drop any questions on regard to this. Good luck and all the best!!

Best Regards,
    Phillip.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Portugal

Cont.

01/07/2005
    Hello.
    Now the tiles already are glue.(FOTO 1 )
    After a cleanness and of a rightness of the edges, it is the final aspect of tiles (PHOTO 2 )

24/07/2005
    hello.
    As you must have repaired the construction of vivarium was stopped by some time, this must it because i be had vacation. Now that i returned we go back to the workmanship:
    (PHOTO 3 ) Lage in strengthened cement and steel.
    (PHOTO 4 ) Beginning of the painting work.
    (PHOTO 5 ) final Aspect with an ink hand (goes to be painted 3 times for a bigger resistance.
    In briefing I give more news.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Is it going to be something like a cabinet made out of bricks and cement instead? How big is it?
    Oh, the rare old Whale, mid storm and gale. In his ocean home will be. A giant in might, where might is right. And King of the boundless sea.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Portugal
    Hello
    USER crandf: This is only the estructur that anger to support vivavrium, is about some kind of a table.
    Measures:height - 70cms
    width - 1.10cms
    length - 70

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Victor any updated pics on your very interesting creation

Feedback Score
    Country
    Portugal

I nedd moss(but wich one???)

Hello. After coming vacation, I now go to recommence the construction of vivarium. Between all the questions the one following 'is the more serious one: That type of moss is this that if ve in the biggest part of vivariuns? Where I can buy it? It has some member of this forum that sell this kind of moss? Thank you all

Feedback Score
    Country
    Portugal

So...

So...
    Nobody´s gone help me??
    Common...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by vitorhugof
    So...
    Nobody´s gone help me??
    Common...
    They would, it's just that you're all the way in portugal... Anyway, I think you're looking for java moss. As for where to buy it... I'm not sure. Different sides of the planet You should also consider the difference in climate. I'm not sure what the wheather over there is like but it's hot(29 - 32 degrees celcius) and humid over here.

I can't help much but have you thought of using local moss? I'm sure there are forests or rivers where you live. At the very least there should be a large drain. And you're bound to find some moss there. Best of all, you know it'll survive in your tank. Anyway, wish you better luck than me fellow builder

Feedback Score
    Country
    Portugal

Again

Hello all.
    No, its true, i´m back again on the construction of my vivarium
    Here is the glasses that i will use, tomrrow i will glue the glasses

That´s the concret structure i doo for the vivarium,(i need to move my Red cherry tank to other place.

I will post new photos very soon.
    I like some recomendations from the people of the forum, advices and self experience will help and improve my work.
    Thank you all
    Thank You

Feedback Score
    Country
    Portugal

hello

Hello.
    Today i buy the panels that cover the concret structure, i think black is good

I start to cut on the right measure:

This is the material i use for glue the panels:

The glue:

A side view about how the glass saty on the top:

Here you can see how i doo the hole where the water go off the paludarium:

Tomorrow i will buy more material and the work will re-start again.
    Thank you
    Last edited by vitorhugof; 2nd Jan 2006 at 07:57. Reason: error when introduce the photos
    Thank You

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Looks good! But I'm confused... is that the stand for the paludarium or the actual paludarium itself?

Feedback Score
    Country
    Portugal
    Hello
    USER |squee|: This is only the estructur that anger to support vivavrium, is about some kind of a table.
    width - 1.10cms
    length - 70
    Thank You

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by vitorhugof
    Hello
    USER |squee|: This is only the estructur that anger to support vivavrium, is about some kind of a table.
    width - 1.10cms
    length - 70
    Some well meant corrections:

estructur = structure

And I think you mean "is used to support the vivarium" when you say "anger to support viv...." Anger actually means unhappy, like

Anyway, what did you use to make the table? The white material looks like styrofoam...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by XnSdVd
    Anyway, what did you use to make the table? The white material looks like styrofoam...
    Seems like it is a slab of concrete to me from his pictures.
    But given that there is no support in the middle, can the concrete support the weight for the eventual product by juz its two stand at the side?
    ~ Vincent ~ Fishes calm your mind...
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/valice/

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    victor, I see I see. I'm amazed by your patience, I'd have given up this project when it has taken so long to complete.

vincent, it's concrete... I don't know but it sure sounds stronger than wood furthur more it's only a paludarium.

XnSdVd, you mean angry!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Terence, that's because you are still a teenager... You will be like that too as you grow older. Yes, teenagers do grow old too.

Victor, given that the tank is 90cm long, would it be necessary to support the center of the table as well? How deep would the water level be?

By the way, what kind of mosses are available in Portugal? Saw that you are looking for 'China moss'... Perhaps you might wanna start with the local mosses...

Just my 2 cents worth...
    Read me! :bigsmile: http://justikanz.blogspot.com/

I'm crypt collecting... Starting cheap, now have Cryptocoryne beckettii, C.beckettii var petchii, C.crispatula var.balansae, C.griffithii(Melted! ), C.nurii, C.parva, C.pygmaea(Melted! ), C.tonkinensis(Melted! ), C.walkeri, C.wendtii 'Brown', C.wendtii 'Green', C.wendtii 'Green Gecko', C.wendtii 'Tropica' and Cryptocoryne x willisii

Oh, juggling is hard work, man!...

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Tsk tsk... thomas... trying to sound old wise learned eh? You realise you're only 30 right? -poke-

Feedback Score
    Country
    Portugal

Hello

Hello all.
    First you need to stay calm(remember the heart atack)
    Now the questions:

Victor, given that the tank is 90cm long, would it be necessary to support the center of the table as well?
    Justikanz:
    I dont think i need to suport the midle of the structure because have many steel inside of the concret, the measure of paludarium will be a little bigger than the measure of the "table", wich means that all the weight will be in top of the two lateral pillars and not in the midle.
    By the away, i have an aquarium with 600 liters on the top of a similar structure it goes 3 years.

How deep would the water level be?
    Justikanz:
    I Think will be about 25 or 30 centimeters (maybe less, i wiil see the aparence), will be something between 247 and 297 litters. Because the paludarium measure is:
    width - 1.10cms
    length - 90cms

By the way, what kind of mosses are available in Portugal? Saw that you are looking for 'China moss'... Perhaps you might wanna start with the local mosses...
    Justikanz:
    He have many types of moss, im not looking for China moss, im looking for a picture from Guang Zhou, china moss. Because i have this one and many another types of moss, and my digital camera is not so good to take good pictures, so i cant show my mosses to my friends... as you are.
    Thank You

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast