Images
    Country
    Singapore

Nokia 8800

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    It's out and the advertising blitz is on..

The new Nokia 8800

Was comtemplating this model, but I have lost faith in Nokia's products and support since the last Nokia 8850. Currently using Sony Ericsson's P900 which has no replacement model in sight yet.

Any comments or feedback on this model?

Cheers,
    I have dwarf cichlids in my tanks! Do you?

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by benny
    It's out and the advertising blitz is on..

The new Nokia 8800

Was comtemplating this model, but I have lost faith in Nokia's products and support since the last Nokia 8850. Currently using Sony Ericsson's P900 which has no replacement model in sight yet.

Any comments or feedback on this model?

Cheers,
    My only comments is damn bloody expensive!!!!

More like a designer phone rather than functionality. Functions are pretty basic.

Personally, if I want to spend this kind of money, I rather go for O2 mini or XDAIIs or Treo 650.

BC

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I agree with you on nokia product, basically the technology is a bit lose out than samsung, sony and etc ....

Nokia screen still no as good as sony if comparing the same function phone come up at the same time.

Talk about design..I think the model with the curve edge 7610 etc look uncool

My last company do a lot of nokia project and I have a change to experience its features.....only the functionality is user friendly...

I switch to sony ericsson and "I like it" lor ....

Intend to buy sony P900 series but can you share what's good about this phone..hehe

Overall it is just my personally feel no offence to other Nokia lover

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Benny, I was eyeing this model until I came across this:

http://forums.hardwarezone.com/showthread.php?t=1048564

P-L-E-C-O-R-Y=M-A-N-I-A!!! YEAH!
    FLORENCE, capital of the region of Tuscany, has a population of around half a million inhabitants, spreads on the banks of the Arno, between the Adriatic and the Tyrrhenian seas, almost in the middle of the Italian peninsula. It is a city which bustles with industry and craft, commerce and culture, art and science.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Thanks fav for the useful link.

Looks like I'll put this on the back burner for a while. Perhaps an O2, but I heard it hang easily too.

I just think that Nokia don't make phones like they used to. Be it design or function. They seem detached from the real world. But most folks stick with them becaue of the user interface. Sony Ericsson and Samsung seem to have caught up in this area and Motorola is not far behind.

Anyway...

Cheers,

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Benny, for someone like you, I would wait for the Nokia N91 or Samsung Z700.

With O2 mini, no keypad hence SMS becomes cumbersome for a lot of folks.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by yorky
    Benny, for someone like you, I would wait for the Nokia N91 or Samsung Z700.

With O2 mini, no keypad hence SMS becomes cumbersome for a lot of folks.
    The master of cool has spoken. I shall wait patiently......

Cheers,

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Japan
    yesyes...me waiting for the N series to com out also...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    yeap. I need a new phone, I dropped mine in water, insurance doesn't cover exposure, seems ok now but better sell fast.. waiting till national day for N90 to come out. if not out, will change to motorola razr black.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Japan
    wa!! damn chao quan man chris..

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    bought my 6680.. argh..can bang my head lah..

---
    my 7610 giving problems, I thought it finally died when yesterday at lunch cannot power on, even with battery charger plugged in, then I borrowed someone elses battery, and it worked. so its just battery dead, but what the heck, better go trade in now while still have value..

at funan level 5 I thought I got a good deal

trade in price of $380 less $35 for battery spoilt, less $20 for number 8 button unresponsive.

I went downstairs to look at all the prices, $868 and $90x something before gst , at the singtel ideas shop, I saw the buy one $6680 and get another one at 50% off but that was the previous or the week before's offer, so i went back to the same shop and I bought a nokia 6680

anyway, the guy after everything was offering me for $878 including gst. so i topped up $553 + $4 for a leather holder.

---
    after gym, I passed by hello@singtel, APPARENTLY they still have the same advert, buy a 3G phone and get any other phone free (ok: several, but the 6630 is one of them). ARGH!!!

I could have paid: $799+100 (1yr upgrade plan) less $100 singtel 3G voucher for the singtel uob card,
    that's on paper $799 x 1.05 = 838.95

* (earllier i thought i could sell the singtel 3g voucher when i get it to offset 878 to 838, so get it at the funan shop then and there)

but once you throw in a 6630 which I can sell for $550 - $250 line termination fee = $300, I could have had my new phone with just $838.95 - $300 - $325 = 213.95

so in effect, I wasted $339.05 just like that.. (then again, there maybe a glut of 6630's on the market)

ARGH ARGH ARGH PEK CHEK!...
    *vomit blood*