Aquatic Avenue Banner Tropica Shop Banner Fishy Business Banner

Thread: Hefty Price for a Bristlenose??

Hefty Price for a Bristlenose??

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi!

I was at Petmart a few weeks ago and I was happy to finally have found a Bristlenose. But to my dismay,it cost a whopping S$50!! [:0]

May I know what is their normal market price? Are these fellas hardy? It seems like most LFS don't carry them...sighs!
    http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/7168/Bleeder4.jpg

Poetry is an echo, asking a shadow to dance :: Carl Sandburg

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 4/16/2002 11:33:50 PM

Hi!

I was at Petmart a few weeks ago and I was happy to finally have found a Bristlenose. But to my dismay,it cost a whopping S$50!! [:0]

May I know what is their normal market price? Are these fellas hardy? It seems like most LFS don't carry them...sighs!
    ----------------
    Hi bleeder !, they're about that price ! coz' hard to come by lah !. They're very hardy ! , I have kept several species of bristlenose eg. L34, L144 etc for many years, well ! check it out ! cheers []

Safe Diving !
    Akoh
    Safe Diving !
    Seeking for the Ultimate Diving Adventure !
    - Sipadan, Similan Islands, Burma Banks, Palau, PNG, Raja Empat ( planning for June 08 )

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    allen, was there (petmart) last evening. 2xL14 had white patches on their bodies, lah! anyway, looked like the same ones i saw nearly 2 weeks ago...

bristlenose? yeah, read that they're good too, though i'm not quite ready for their bristles.[]

saw a 3inch pleco and a small albino cory on their backs, though. []
    P-L-E-C-O-R-Y=M-A-N-I-A!!! YEAH!
    FLORENCE, capital of the region of Tuscany, has a population of around half a million inhabitants, spreads on the banks of the Arno, between the Adriatic and the Tyrrhenian seas, almost in the middle of the Italian peninsula. It is a city which bustles with industry and craft, commerce and culture, art and science.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Get it if you like it enough.

hobby is abt indulgence once in a while too

there are instances of myself regretting not getting some fish at some moment, only to lose them completely later on....very regret!

dunno the case for the bristlenose you saw, but i will say go get it if you like it enough! it can stay with you for some time. save on one macdonald's meal per month and you will get back in 10 months haha

Southern tip of S.E.A and possibly blowing bubbles underwater
    Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    yeah florence.. eeeeeeeee....hairy hairy.. hehehe..[]
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 4/17/2002 8:46:41 AM

allen, was there (petmart) last evening. 2xL14 had white patches on their bodies, lah! anyway, looked like the same ones i saw nearly 2 weeks ago...

bristlenose? yeah, read that they're good too, though i'm not quite ready for their bristles.[]

----------------
    Coryfav ! reckon u shld go for those with round white spots instead of patches, Qian Hu do have some nice ones , u shld check it out ! []
    Bristlenose are nice ! and unique !, give it a go! []

Safe Diving !
    Akoh
    Safe Diving !
    - Sipadan, Similan Islands, Burma Banks, Palau, PNG, Raja Empat ( planning for June 08 )

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Lsz ! I agreed ! btw how's your white's ? hope thye're well and hopping ! []

Safe Diving !
    Akoh
    Safe Diving !

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    allen, white patches, as in they looked sick lah! nevermind, i'll still go look-look find-find![]

allen, kelvin, hairy hairy, if i hesitate, the owner of this house (my godsister) will definitely ban it! she's afraid of creepy crawlies. when i wanted to get my first kuhlis, i'd to convince her to concentrate on the cute faces and not the snake/worm-like body!!![]

(my L200 just came out and blinked at me!!!)

anyway, bleeder, if the pleco you see is nice and healthy and akoh said the price is ok, don't hesitate. cos members like coryfav, rain, simon, leann, kelvin, will be waiting behind you...[]
    FLORENCE, capital of the region of Tuscany, has a population of around half a million inhabitants, spreads on the banks of the Arno, between the Adriatic and the Tyrrhenian seas, almost in the middle of the Italian peninsula. It is a city which bustles with industry and craft, commerce and culture, art and science.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    I was at Petmart last evening and I noticed there are a few species of plecos - L172a Gold Heterodon, L172b Grey Heterodon, LDA33 and or L248 ( black body with white spots ), L95 Pineapple ( at the bottom tank ) L14a Goldy or Sunshine , Bristle nose ( think there ia a male and female ) L34 Bristle-bushmouth ( the ugly looking black bristlenose ), L191 Royal Panaque , Network pleco, L204 Flash Panaque, L155 Black Adonis, Amapa twig suckermouth catfish ( can't remember the L no. ) and I think there are a few more ! man ! just can't recall ! age is catching up man !. It's the begining of Pleco season ! L46 will be next ! , Check it out ppl ! cheers ! []

Safe Diving !
    Akoh
    Safe Diving !

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    still available har? hmmmmm..

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    allen, my only hesitation with petmart's pleco is cos i've seen quite a few casualties...

but their L046 is different, cos it'll still be in a bag, floating in the tank!

see how lah, one of my lunch "amat" has agreed to go to tiongbahru afterwards, just need to convince the rest![]

oh yes, guys/gals, if we plan to go pleco-hunting as a group, we must pull allen along!!! can save money, don't need to buy aqualog books![]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    any idea where petmart's plecos coming from? are they wild caught?

Southern tip of S.E.A and possibly blowing bubbles underwater
    Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    when is l46 coming in.. me gian leh.. []
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 4/18/2002 11:49:25 AM

allen, my only hesitation with petmart's pleco is cos i've seen quite a few casualties...

but their L046 is different, cos it'll still be in a bag, floating in the tank!

oh yes, guys/gals, if we plan to go pleco-hunting as a group, we must pull allen along!!! can save money, don't need to buy aqualog books![]
    ----------------
    Simon ! they're still available BUT better put on-hold lah coz' I too saw a few casaulties.

Coryfav ! I couldn't agree less ! better control ourselves ! don't want to end up buying a sick pleco hor!

foxemty ! I think those wild caught pleco are from " ah siong or ah chun " they're another Pleco supplier, anyone know where their FF is ? or the name of the FF ?. I tried asking them but no luck ! think they don't welcome walk-in ! .

Kel ! June/July is the season for L46 ! just round the corner lah ! tahan abit longer hor ! []

Safe Diving !
    Akoh
    Safe Diving !

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    allen, if qian hu has bristlenose.. must inform me.. I want a couple of snowflake bristlenose female for the one male i have

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ----------------
    On 4/18/2002 11:21:29 PM

" a couple of snowflake bristlenose female for the one male i have "
    ----------------
    luck devil ! [] anyway will update u !, Cheers !

Safe Diving !
    Akoh
    Safe Diving !

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hey! Hey! I though L046 season is at mid May???? So fast got stock already. Where can get??? Pet Mart??? Gan can't confirm any shippment....getting very excited.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi Kunner ! Gan mentioned that he is expecting his shipment of L46 in July, Qian Hu ? Wan Hu ? , Cheers !

Safe Diving !
    Akoh
    Safe Diving !