Thread: Setting up 2ft Marine tank - Where can i get a sump and a o

Feedback Score

Setting up 2ft Marine tank - Where can i get a sump and a o

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi Marine Buddy,

Is me again. Wanted to ask this question in my earlier topic but don't wish to mess up the e.mail info there.

Can anyone tell me where can I get a commercially available sump and a overflow box that can attach/ fix (no need drilling) to my 2 ft marine tank?

1. what is the address of that place ?
    2. what is the price range ?
    3. Anyone got 2nd hand sump/ overflow box that was used before in a 2ft marine tank set up? Willing to sell ?

Thanks
    Ivan
    []

Southern tip of S.E.A and possibly blowing bubbles underwater
    Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    never heard of 2ft tank requiring sump.. if u need.. get another 2ft and put partition inside them and 2 powerhead.. one to draw water to the sump.. the other to pump them back to the tank.. the partition is to put filter media..[]
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    trying to explore something new. But You are so "lao jiao" in marine world so better listen to your advise.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    make do with what u have so far.. perhaps after my exams in may.. i can help u with modification of the filtration so that it become a wet/dry system.. provided Lawrence aka Liquidfx is not setting up his tank first...

btw, where do u stay?[]
    Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

Feedback Score
    Thanks kel,

I'm staying near Jurong Point. How about you ? Perhaps, if you stay near, we can go marine shop together. No problem to give you my hp no. Good to have marine buddy around....

Good luck in your exam !!! BTW, you study what ?

having a sump for a 2 footer is great! a fren of mine has one an had very gd results. he used the sump for a refugium though.
    er if u wanna keep corals try not to go wif a wet dry. no2 will be converted to no3 very quickly in large amounts. corals dun like it.
    Acroporids and Tridacnids

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    well.. IMO.. a 2ft tank with a 2ft sump.. is a bit irony lor.. [] yes.. with this DIY sump.. can use it as refugium...[]
    i stay in AMK.. hey.. this is my number.. 96520875.. let me know if u need help.. me studying in SIM.. bachelor in Biz Ad..

Feedback Score
    BTW, I'm quite old already. But I think should not have communication problem since we have the same interest.

Probably will contact you after your exam.

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    old??? come on.. there is no age limit in aquarium keeping.. hehehe.. aiyoh.. if i can communicate with my dad.. should be no problem.. hahaha[]

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Ivan, I am also staying near Jurong Point.

Maybe we can make a trip down to a marine shop together one day?
    I am starting to get interested in setting up a marine tank so thought that I can follow you around and get to know places that has marine shops that is near Jurong Point.

[] Hope you dun mind another old fly following you around? ]

~~~~~~~ The force of the dark side is getting stronger ....~~~~~~~~

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    ivan and ninjafly.. i would be glad to bring u 'old-timers' ard.. hahhaha.. the nearest place would be in west coast rd.. hong leong... take a trip down.. ICE, if u read this.. perhaps u can give them the directions.. coz me never been there b4...[]

I could bring the 2 of you down next week if you want to =)

Thursday or Frinday lor... Hahaz... maybe I can get commission for recommending customers... *drool* (wait long long... haiz~)

My Sony Clie... PS2... Hifi Set... Bose Speakers... Haiz~ when can I afford them...

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Oh .. West Coast... very near my working place. I work in IBP.
    But where's Hong Leong?!? Hopefully it is reachable by bus coz I don't have a car to drive.....

I think seaquest at farmart is also quite near as i stay in ntu hostel, i always go there.... not a bad place to buy life-rocks