Country
    Singapore

Christmas moss and pellia turning brown

Advertisements
    Fresh n Marine aQuarium Banner

Advertise here

Advertise here
    Hi all

What can i do to revive the moss and pellia? temp of tank is already at 27-28deg with a fan and 4x36W PL. Just started my dosing regime of Lushgro KNO3, KH2PO4 and Lushgro micros twice a week.

Regards
    Gene

Feedback Score
    Country
    Singapore
    Gene, like I said in the pm, work on the CO2. The nutrients are not going to work its wonder if the CO2 is poor when you use CO2 enriched methods. Moss cannot use bicarbonate as a source of carbon...they can only use CO2.

Regards
    Peter Gwee

Somewhere on a tiny Island call Sillypore
    Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    I have up been using 5bps since i started out this 3ft tank but moss and pellia still browning...its 5bps not enough still?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    If for example you're pumping 5bps but using a diffusor in a 4ft tank, it's not going to work.

There must be something wrong with the way you dissolve the CO2, or water circulation. Temperature plays a part too particularly for mosses.

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Hi squeel, Am using a internal reactor and should be working fine cause can see very fine bubbles coming out from the rain bar. However, i put my rainbar horizontally close to the surface with the the holes on the bar facing 45deg downwards. Wanted to keep the rainbar out of view.

Have just changed its position and now its vertical at one corner of the tank. Hope it helps...

Regards
    Gene

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by genes
    Hi squeel, Am using a internal reactor and should be working fine cause can see very fine bubbles coming out from the rain bar. However, i put my rainbar horizontally close to the surface with the the holes on the bar facing 45deg downwards. Wanted to keep the rainbar out of view.

Have just changed its position and now its vertical at one corner of the tank. Hope it helps...

Regards
    Gene
    Rainbar on the surface of water? You probably loose quite a bit of CO2 that way!

Feedback Score
    Images
    Country
    Singapore
    Indeed i have lost lots of co2...with the rainbar vertical, my nanas and dd and toninas are bubbling now....christmas moss seems to be getting better...looks greener with very very fine and short hair on the leaves...hope its not algae.